Tracking PSA 351 (my wife is on it)

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
I'm tracking JIA351 (US Airways 2351). It left the gate in CLT at 16:17 and is still on the ground as of 16:43. Things really that busy in CLT today?

She said the pilot (didn't say whether it was Captain or FO) looked like "Iceman" and appeared to be quite impressed with himself. <chuckle> (Wonder if it is anyone from here).

By the way, she had her first flight on one of the mainline E190s today from MHT to CLT. Said it was a comfortable ride. I suppose had I accepted recall last October when I had the chance i'd be flying one today (or at least after the furloughs). I was a little jealous she got to ride on it. (Passenger shiny jet syndrome?)

Ah well, flight tracker shows it airborne now at 16:47.

I was just bored and thought I would post. :)

flight_track_map.rvt

Ironically enough I just had a conversation with the FO about an hour ago. He was doing a 2 hour block of airport appreciation. I'm guessing it was the FO your wife thought looked like Iceman (although he's got black hair, not blond). If it makes you feel any better, the captain is a checkairman and the FO is a downgraded captain. She's in good hands.

EDIT: And that's a pretty normal taxi time in CLT. It's gotten worse then PHL.

I wonder if it was the same deadheading PSA FO sitting in the front row of our CRJ a couple years back, talking on his cell phone to some girl, telling her how much he was looking forward to "getting that ass" when he got to Detroit. It was before the flight, with the engines and APU shut down so everyone could hear him.

CLT is terrible when it comes to long taxi times. Especially around 9-10am, there's a big push.. twice this past week we've had taxi times over 45 minutes. We were number 16 in line one morning, and 18 the next.

I wonder if it was the same deadheading PSA FO sitting in the front row of our CRJ a couple years back, talking on his cell phone to some girl, telling her how much he was looking forward to "getting that ass" when he got to Detroit. It was before the flight, with the engines and APU shut down so everyone could hear him.

Wow that guy was being real professional! :rolleyes: :sarcasm:

Heh. My grandparents live in Eureka Springs. Ever been to that wild cat sanctuary between Fayetteville and Eureka Springs?

One of my grandma's favorite restaurants in the area is (was? - not sure if it's still around) called The Bearded Clam. Gramps wouldn't let me tell her what it really meant. I had to excuse myself when she ordered a "Whisker Biscuit" to drink.

Well needless to say she made it home alive (and early!) so they must have done a good job. :)

I've been to Eureka Springs, but never heard of the Bearded Clam. I'll have to look for it. ;)

Thanks for the tip

oh my goodness...
Im pretty sure I know who that is. Mannerisms + Detroit, gotta be.:rotfl::rotfl:

It's really windy today, we're sort of waiting on a tropical depression to roll through. Plus the winds are out of the north, and the airport backs up even more on a north operation.

Back