PAX refuse to board after aborted take off

Sounds reasonable to me. They are the ones paying for the flight.

Agreed.

We were just discussing a crash in my aviation safety class that happened about 40 years ago about a plane that had 2 RTO's and then on the 3rd takeoff crashed. Something dealing with the manchester united team?

I wonder what the great saviors to aviation over at the IBT would do. . .:whatever:

Probably not charge everyone as much and overpay their employees by a ridiculous amount...that's what the IBT would probably do! :buck:

Great saviors? I thought ALPA could save everyone...

If they'd had ALPA, they could have forced the passengers back into their place.

Lloyd...you crack me up. I agree with you that we need a separate area for union "talk"...but you didn't help your case by inserting it here. :p

You start your jungle bus training yet? You going to be in CMH?

Probably not charge everyone as much and overpay their employees by a ridiculous amount...that's what the IBT would probably do! :buck:

Great saviors? I thought ALPA could save everyone...

My point is that ALPA, or any workgroup's union has little say in the direct day to day operations of a company.

Trying to suggest that they do is beyond ridiculous and bordering lunacy.

Now, as far as the crews' responsibility . . . that's up to the PIC with or without consultation with a dispatcher. If a crew wants to go, then they'll go, empty or not. Completion factor and all, and if the company canxs, then fine. . .big deal, off to the hotel.

But clearly the workgroup's union has such control. :rolleyes:

My point is that ALPA, or any workgroup's union has little say in the direct day to day operations of a company.

Trying to suggest that they do is beyond ridiculous and bordering lunacy.

Now, as far as the crews' responsibility . . . that's up to the PIC with or without consultation with a dispatcher. If a crew wants to go, then they'll go, empty or not. Completion factor and all, and if the company canxs, then fine. . .big deal, off to the hotel.

But clearly the workgroup's union has such control. :rolleyes:

I agree completely...just having some fun.

If the plane was fixed, I'd leave without them. I won't force them to stay on the plane, but I'm not going to wait around for their candy-asses either.

Say: "Fine, we're going to take this plane to the maintenance hangar then." Taxi out of sight of the passengers in the terminal, then taxi back from a different direction from that which you left: "New plane arrived, she's a good one."

Probably would work.

BTW - they were at it again. 14 PAX refused to fly after a maintenance delay in Greece on German carrier TUIfly.

Back