Has anyone requested a facility change?

bamaral13

I'm curious to see if anyone has attempted to try to ask the FAA for a different facility assignment?

I'm currently awaiting my FOL, but I'm considering to formally ask for a facility change. I don't want to jeapordize my current offer by seeming ungrateful or unwilling to go along with my tentative offer.

Any advice?

I know I read about someone on here getting their facility changed. When I went in for my interview the person who interviewed me highly suggested that I take the location they gave me to get my foot in the door, then put in for a transfer later on. I guess it could happen it just might be just a little difficult. Good luck.

I did about a month ago, I already had TOL for ZNY and asked for a change to ZBW, they approved it, just a matter of asking and your HR will hopefully forward your request to air traffic.

I'm curious to see if anyone has attempted to try to ask the FAA for a different facility assignment?

I'm currently awaiting my FOL, but I'm considering to formally ask for a facility change. I don't want to jeapordize my current offer by seeming ungrateful or unwilling to go along with my tentative offer.

Any advice?
i would try if i were you. whats the worst that can happen, they say no. people do it all the time. some get approved some dont

I know I read about someone on here getting their facility changed. When I went in for my interview the person who interviewed me highly suggested that I take the location they gave me to get my foot in the door, then put in for a transfer later on. I guess it could happen it just might be just a little difficult. Good luck.

Same for me, I wasn't too happy about my assignment but I was told its best to just stick it out for the first few years or so if you plan on making it a career. So the next year plus will be exciting moving to a new city and state and region I have never been but I like to be adventurous. :nana2:

I actually want to go to a smaller facility that's a bit slower. I have family that works within an air traffic training program of the FAA, and I'm getting advice to pursue something more manageable in terms of the training I receive.

Its Mike here, I requested a transfer but the LAX manager wouldn't approve it. It may even be too late now so close to FOL.

Back