And In This Corner...

MusketeerMan

....checking in at a WHOPPING 5 lbs. 3 oz is Bethany Grace Sherwood, born at 5:24 pm on 9/8/08. Mom and baby are healthy and doing great! She's a little one, but is feeding perfectly and her growth is being watched closely by some incredible doctors!

I was able to peel off of my 4 day and come home from Kansas City in time for the C-section. She was supposed to come on 9/11, but the Dr.'s were concerned with her not gaining any weight, so they got her out early!

She's amazing...beautiful and looks like her mother. It's surreal having a daughter...she's already stolen my heart. Big brother loves her and is already protective of her, snapping at a few of our friends' kids not to touch her face! :) Here's a few pics of before and after...including a few of my wife and us with a volleyball under her dress.

Attachments

• DSCF2045 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2045 (Large).JPG
    61.2 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF2072 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2072 (Large).JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSCF2030 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2030 (Large).JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 159
  • DSCF2036 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2036 (Large).JPG
    217.3 KB · Views: 197
  • DSCF2049 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2049 (Large).JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 91
  • DSCF2056 (Large).JPG
    DSCF2056 (Large).JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 120
Congratulations!!! is she gaining weight since she's feeding so well?

She'll start gaining some weight within a few days. Newborn's actually lose weight until the milk comes in, so she's actually below 5 lbs. right now, which is normal. As long as they don't lose more than 10% of her birth weight, the Dr's. don't get too concerned. The mom still produces colostrum until the milk comes, which is full of nutrients, but it doesn't help much in weight gain.

Congrats big daddy!:nana2: Now your world will never be the same!;) My daughter is 7 months and she just loves her time with daddy. She makes my heart melt.:eek::)

Looks like a C-section?

My wife had one and the doc let me observe him.....and I've been regretting it ever since! :D

congrats man!!

Congrats, Andy! She is a beauty---but you and your wife DO make beautiful babies. Keep up the good work! Don't worry about her weight. My twins were born at 4 lbs. 10 oz and 3 lbs. 2 oz, and the smaller one was a "fighter" from her first day. I'll go out on a limb here and say she will give her big brother a run for his money in the very near future.

Looks like a C-section?

My wife had one and the doc let me observe him.....and I've been regretting it ever since! :D

congrats man!!

Yup...a c-section, but I didn't/wouldn't/couldn't watch it. I only looked over the sheet when the Dr. asked if I wanted to see her head. I probably would have fainted and/or gotten sick!!

Congrats, Andy! She is a beauty---but you and your wife DO make beautiful babies. Keep up the good work! Don't worry about her weight. My twins were born at 4 lbs. 10 oz and 3 lbs. 2 oz, and the smaller one was a "fighter" from her first day. I'll go out on a limb here and say she will give her big brother a run for his money in the very near future.

Thanks for the kind words!! Goodness, I can't imagine having babies that small. I think 5 lbs. is tiny, a 3 lb'er must look like a tiny play doll! She's been amazing so far...though she seems to pee everytime I change her diaper and get her outfit all dirty. We all came home today and we're already on outfit #3...girls...I'll tell you! :D

Hey, congrats!! She is BEAUTYFUL!

Welcome to the "more-than-one-female-in-the-house-telling-me-what-to-do" club. I have three!!

Congratulations again!

OH but you absolutely love it Cirrus! :) Congrats man on the addition! She's indeed beautiful!? But I might add, she must take after her mom then huh ;)!?

Yup...a c-section, but I didn't/wouldn't/couldn't watch it. I only looked over the sheet when the Dr. asked if I wanted to see her head. I probably would have fainted and/or gotten sick!!

Thats the best time with the doctor! When the wife had her C-section the doctor brought parts out of her and we discussed them. Wife had to ask us to put her back together again. I had a digital camera and got pictures of our son at about 2 secs out, but never thought to get pictures of her insides.

Hows the family doing??

Back