So I got an email from my HR Rep today...

BadPassportPhoto

Explaining how the panels this week are just for terminal only and en routers will be selected at the end of the month. Has anybody heard anything like that as well?

Here's to hoping she doesn't know what she's talking about!

That's actually what someone had heard a month or so ago and is along the lines of what I had heard from a source of mine regarding en-route. I put down both Terminal and En-route, so I'm not really concerned one way or the other. Maybe it'll just mean that I get two offers and can choose where I want to go. :D

Not to stir the pot.....But I have heard different people on here claim that an Individual from your states you selected comes to the panels to select.
I can confirm that this is not the case. I was told by an official yesterday that people selecting terminal folks are from different terminal regions, not specific states.

Just thought I would add this...

I'm so curious how this works, panels meet first for Terminal.. and select the most qualified candidates. So en route get's the less qualified candidatse since terminal already chose all the more qualified candidates?

In case youre wondering I selected "either" but prefer enroute...

I'm so curious how this works, panels meet first for Terminal.. and select the most qualified candidates. So en route get's the less qualified candidatse since terminal already chose all the more qualified candidates?

In case youre wondering I selected "either" but prefer enroute...

I have the same concern. I actually went so far as to put in the notes section that I preferred en-route and wanted a certain en-route facility, but I didn't have the cajones to mark En-Route only. Now it sounds like I may never actually get the chance to be seen by the en-route selection panels. I can only pray that terminal passes me over then, I guess.:confused:

I have the same concern. I actually went so far as to put in the notes section that I preferred en-route and wanted a certain en-route facility, but I didn't have the cajones to mark En-Route only. Now it sounds like I may never actually get the chance to be seen by the en-route selection panels. I can only pray that terminal passes me over then, I guess.:confused:

I did the same exact thing with comments, but didn't want to put en route only. I am on pins and needles to see how this actually plays out.... maybe terminal will see our "comment" and put our apps to the side for en route to look at...

I did the same exact thing with comments, but didn't want to put en route only. I am on pins and needles to see how this actually plays out.... maybe terminal will see our "comment" and put our apps to the side for en route to look at...

I hope so. I only wanted terminal to be a last resort, not the first ones to see me. Oh well, it seems like most people here prefer terminal. Maybe they have enough people that they don't want someone who prefers en-route. Anyway, good luck.

Correct me if I am missing something here....

You want to go to a Center.

You are asked to put down if you want to go to a terminal or Center or you don't care and will go to both.

You chose both.

Now, you are upset that they pick terminal first and you may end up with that.

Would you be upset if they picked en-route personnel first?

Why not select the one you wanted in the first place? Or do you really just want to be hired?

I guess my silly frustration is...there are people that want to go to a terminal...that are selecting terminal and you may get picked above them. (and you should be if you are more qualified) However, its not what you want.

So you may turn down your TOL even though someone who would have gotten that offer...may have gladly accepted it.

Correct me if I am missing something here....

You want to go to a Center.

You are asked to put down if you want to go to a terminal or Center or you don't care and will go to both.

You chose both.

Now, you are upset that they pick terminal first and you may end up with that.

Would you be upset if they picked en-route personnel first?

Why not select the one you wanted in the first place? Or do you really just want to be hired?

I guess my silly frustration is...there are people that want to go to a terminal...that are selecting terminal and you may get picked above them. (and you should be if you are more qualified) However, its not what you want.

So you may turn down your TOL even though someone who would have gotten that offer...may have gladly accepted it.

Im not upset at all, just curious how it all will work. Putting en route only could be a bit of a limitation just because the number of facilities isn't as large. I'll accept either, I would just prefer en route. We share the same frustration, I wish the panels would meet together and look at peoples preferences at the same time.

Ya, I agree Wyopoke, but with one exception.

Up until now, we really had no evidence that the terminal panel was separate from the en-route panel.

If the panel was for both enroute and terminal at the same time, then by selecting both and putting comments, they would have been in a position of advantage and would have had the chance to get selected by terminal if their first choice (enroute) was already full.

However, with the new information that the panels are separate, your assessment may be correct, and they may get picked for a terminal spot that they really don't want, thereby taking a terminal position from someone who wanted it and would've gotten it otherwise.

Hindsight is 20/20...

Yet another reason why it would be nice for this process to not be so secretive.... As applicants, we might be able to create less work for the hiring folks, instead of more...

Im not upset at all, just curious how it all will work. Putting en route only could be a bit of a limitation just because the number of facilities isn't as large. I'll accept either, I would just prefer en route. We share the same frustration, I wish the panels would meet together and look at peoples preferences at the same time.

Got it. :) I almost put down both because I just want in... But I knew deep down what I wanted. I am not trying to come off as a jerk that thinks that you should put one or the other...I am just trying to say that you should be prepared to accept what they give you if you put down both.

Back