Fuel Pump Hilarity

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
So I walk out of the office monday with my clipboard in hand heading to my bird and this guy wearing a big cowboy hat, and belt buckle the size of montana and an awkward scowl looks me in the eye and says:"Boy, this here 182 I been flying up from *insert southern state* is thirsty, give me 15 gallons a side. I looked him in the eye and said, "No." His eyes got real big and he says, "Well why the hell not!? This is a gas station idn't it?" To which I reply, "true, but I don't pump gas here, I'm flying that airplane you blocked in, I was going to tell you that you needed to move so I could launch." There was a pregnant pause, "so you don't pump gas?" "No." "So you fly that," he pointed at my 207. "Yep." "Ehhhh, sorry, its kinda hard t' tell ya know?"

No, I don't know. Damn tourists.

Easy tiger..... he like many of us probably just forgot or ran out of snuff... prolly that there copenhag'in.... ya know? Why shoot.... I bet he was plumb red as a tomata in the face after that.

:D

Ha I saw a dude about biff it while fueling his super cub standing on his super big tires at the self serve today.

So I walk out of the office monday with my clipboard in hand heading to my bird and this guy wearing a big cowboy hat, and belt buckle the size of montana and an awkward scowl looks me in the eye and says:"Boy, this here 182 I been flying up from *insert southern state* is thirsty, give me 15 gallons a side. I looked him in the eye and said, "No." His eyes got real big and he says, "Well why the hell not!? This is a gas station idn't it?" To which I reply, "true, but I don't pump gas here, I'm flying that airplane you blocked in, I was going to tell you that you needed to move so I could launch." There was a pregnant pause, "so you don't pump gas?" "No." "So you fly that," he pointed at my 207. "Yep." "Ehhhh, sorry, its kinda hard t' tell ya know?"

No, I don't know. Damn tourists.
That same exact scenario happen to me twice in separate parts of Texas when I was working the aerial imaging gig last season. Kinda funny when I think about it now though.

Not to be coy, ok...maybe a little, but you seem to have quite a few stories like this. Patterns being what they are leads me to believe that the common denomnator is you. I don't quite understand why you take such offense at these events.

Not to be coy, ok...maybe a little, but you seem to have quite a few stories like this. Patterns being what they are leads me to believe that the common denomnator is you. I don't quite understand why you take such offense at these events.

I didn't take offense, I thought it was more funny that anythings else. What other stories do I have like this? I can't remember.

I think you're thinking of Boris. That dude must fly with an "Air BP" shirt on as many times as he gets bothered. :)

Nah, it's mostly because Boris is a freight pilot and he's always napping on the couch. It's quite easy to be mistaken for a line guy when you have your baseball cap pulled down over your eyes and grease on you hands. That and he's wearing the free shirts you get when you buy a 100 gal. of Jet-A from BP.

I think you're thinking of Boris. That dude must fly with an "Air BP" shirt on as many times as he gets bothered. :)

Hah. I think I've only posted about it twice. I will confess that twice isn't the sum of times it's happened, though. Remember, though, this is in the course of three years spent sleeping in recliners. I will further confess that I don't shave much, dress like I'm 18, and tend to leave my lanyard in the plane "so I don't lose it". Ok, though, you've got me. There's a little bit of the "villain you love to hate" about the whole thing. I'll try the Air BP shirt, maybe I'll get to blow my stack on the internet again.

Hah. I think I've only posted about it twice. I will confess that twice isn't the sum of times it's happened, though. Remember, though, this is in the course of three years spent sleeping in recliners. I will further confess that I don't shave much, dress like I'm 18, and tend to leave my lanyard in the plane "so I don't lose it". Ok, though, you've got me. There's a little bit of the "villain you love to hate" about the whole thing. I'll try the Air BP shirt, maybe I'll get to blow my stack on the internet again.
I'm going to sick the Moose n' Squirrel on you.

Hey - it's happened to me. And I was clean-shaven, dressed in a clean company polo, and generally looked like an ex-military guy. Didn't stop some dude from telling me to go open the hangar and pull out his plane. I was even wearing my lanyard. ;)

Hey - it's happened to me. And I was clean-shaven, dressed in a clean company polo, and generally looked like an ex-military guy. Didn't stop some dude from telling me to go open the hangar and pull out his plane. I was even wearing my lanyard. ;)

Ian, sounds like your problem was you looked like you work there. They see a man our age, clean cut, a clean polo shirt. Sounds like a signature employee to me!! :D

Boris, have you thought about getting some of those "throwback" button down shirts that have the fake service station names on a patch over one pocket and some dude's name on another patch over another? I think it'd be a fine experiment in human behavior?

Back