Jumpseat out of Cabo

moocowtex

Heading down to Cabo in a couple of weeks and Im hoping to jumpseat ExpressJet to IAH to get home. Anyone know if ExpressJet allows international jumpseat? I know if they do there's gotta be a seat open in back. Also, if they do, any tips on getting past the ticket counter (A phone # to list, etc.)? I've been held hostage a couple of times in Canada because a carriers ticket agents didn't know their own airlines jumpseating policy. So completely out of character for me, i'm planning ahead. I guess there are worse things than getting stuck in Cabo.

Heading down to Cabo in a couple of weeks and Im hoping to jumpseat ExpressJet to IAH to get home. Anyone know if ExpressJet allows international jumpseat? I know if they do there's gotta be a seat open in back. Also, if they do, any tips on getting past the ticket counter (A phone # to list, etc.)? I've been held hostage a couple of times in Canada because a carriers ticket agents didn't know their own airlines jumpseating policy. So completely out of character for me, i'm planning ahead. I guess there are worse things than getting stuck in Cabo.

Best bet is to get a hold of your company's jumpseat coordinator or jumpseat committee. It's probably gonna depend on what kind of reciprocal agreement you have.

Best bet is to get a hold of your company's jumpseat coordinator or jumpseat committee. It's probably gonna depend on what kind of reciprocal agreement you have.

Yeah. Did that a few weeks ago. Wasn't the most helpful....I think the advice from him was "just go to the ticket counter and ask". Well, I've gotten screwed by agents in foriegn countries that don't know what their own policy is, so I was hoping for a bit more insight into preventing that from happening again. Was hoping an ExpressJet guy (or gal) may have a suggestion.

Delta and CAL have a ZED agreement. You could try to jumpseat but if I were you I'd have a ZED ticket in my back pocket just in case. If jumpseating works out, you can just return your ZED ticket for a refund. The loads for the 2 flights that day aren't great, but it's still a ways off.

Mike

Shouldn't be a problem as long as there's an open seat in the cabin. Unfoturnately, XJT cant take cockpit jumpseaters on int'l flights. The agents should be helpful, if not, I'm not sure how to get through security...I'm guessing going through in uniform should work. Generally the Mexican stations are pretty helpful.

Yeah, I went through security just in uniform with ID, just act like you know what you're doing.

Us air ticket counter told me I had to list 24 hrs prior, so I went thru security to Alaska, and they put me on. Had to pay dep tax cash exact change. The agent almost couldn't figure how to list me, so I'd recommend going to ticket counter first, and if they can't then try gate, in any case get there early.

Well, I made it home, but it took some work. The hurricane screwed things up a bit since continental cancelled everything to Houston and left all the hungover tourists scrambling for alternates. US Air and Alaska were great to work with. Gate agents knew the drill and were extemely helpful. There was another unnamed large airline, however, that was the absolute nightmare I was afraid of. Agents don't know their own policies. Saying you're listed for the jumpseat then wanting to see your id-90/ZED ticket, not knowing their airline allows jumpseaters, or even what a jumpseater is. The story of the two hour tango I did with them would take too long to type here. Anyway, thanks to Alaska. I felt I was getting out on the last chopper out of Saigon.

Back