Airnet gets a new CEO

scooter2525

Very well Member
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/airnet-systems-inc-names-new/story.aspx?guid={9B345DEC-AB6C-4222-8FC1-6E9681F2D37A}&dist=hppr

COLUMBUS, OH, Aug 25, 2008 (MARKET WIRE via COMTEX) -- AirNet Systems, Inc. ("AirNet") announced today that George Gonzalez has been named the Chief Executive Officer of AirNet, effective immediately. Mr. Gonzalez has served as a member of the Board of Directors of AirNet since the company went private in a sale to Bayside Capital in June 2008. He succeeds Bruce D. Parker, who will remain a member of AirNet's Board of Directors.
Mr. Gonzalez has a deep background in the aviation, air cargo, express cargo and logistics industries, which includes serving as Chief Executive Officer with Centurion Air Cargo and senior executive positions with DHL Worldwide Express and Bombardier Aerospace. Earlier in his career, he was also a Chief Pilot for Inversiones Sonoli, a corporate passenger operation. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Professional Aeronautics from Embry-Riddle University as well as Airline Transport and Commercial Helicopter Pilot licenses.
Mr. Parker, a Director of AirNet since 2002 and Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of AirNet since late 2006, said "I welcome George as AirNet's new CEO. He comes with the knowledge, the leadership capabilities and the desire to enable AirNet's future success as the company moves forward. I look forward to working with George and the company as a member of the Board of Directors."
Mr. Parker continued, "It was a great experience serving as CEO of AirNet, both in leading the company in the transition to becoming 'the premier express provider and the air carrier of choice' and in taking the company private with the sale to Bayside Capital. Having the opportunity to work with so many talented individuals in AirNet has been exciting."
Mr. Gonzalez thanked Mr. Parker for his leadership and said, "I am excited about joining the management team at AirNet. It is a great company with a group of professional and dedicated employees, and I look forward to leading the company through its next stage of diversification and growth."
About AirNet Systems, Inc.
AirNet Systems, Inc., an affiliate of Bayside Capital, focuses its resources on providing value-added, time-critical aviation services to a diverse set of customers in the most service-intensive, cost-effective manner possible. AirNet operates dedicated charters and an integrated national transportation network that provides expedited transportation services to banks and time-critical small package shippers nationwide. AirNet's aircraft are located strategically throughout the United States. To find out more AirNet visit the Company's website at www.airnet.com and to find out more about Bayside Capital visit www.bayside.com.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/liv..._ceo.ART_ART_08-26-08_C9_6PB4V1D.html?sid=101

AirNet board member named CEO

Tuesday, August 26, 2008 3:07 AM
By Marla Matzer Rose

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH
AirNet Systems has named its second chief executive in about two years. George Gonzalez was named to the post yesterday, effective immediately, to replace Bruce D. Parker, CEO of AirNet since the end of 2006.
Parker will remain on the board of directors.
Gonzalez, 48, has been a board member of the Rickenbacker-based air-cargo carrier since June, when it was acquired by private-equity firm Bayside Capital. He most recently served as interim CEO of Gemini Air Cargo. That Washington-based carrier, also controlled by Bayside Capital, declared bankruptcy and ceased operations this month.
Gonzalez also had served in senior positions with Miami-based Centurion Air Cargo from 2004 to late 2007, and DHL Worldwide Express before that. He is a licensed pilot.
Parker, 60, said he looked forward to an end to his commute between Columbus and his home in Florida.
"I'm getting to be an old guy," Parker said, joking. "I was the crazy board member who thought I could step in and do this for a while. I probably never viewed it as working here till I'm 70."
Parker was an AirNet board member when he stepped in as former CEO Joel E. Biggerstaff left at the end of 2006. Parker's previous positions included stints at American and United Airlines.
The latest CEO switch comes two weeks after the announcement of a new chief financial officer for AirNet.
Parker said Fred deLeeuw had actually been identified to succeed Gary W. Qualmann as CFO several months ago, but AirNet leadership decided to "let Bayside confirm the selection" once its $29 million purchase of AirNet was completed.
For several years, AirNet has been challenged by dwindling revenue from its core business of transporting canceled checks for banks.
Before going private, the company adjusted its routes and pricing in response while continuing to try to beef up express shipping services for other industries.
"We are operating in an economically turbulent time anyway you look at it," Parker said. "It's impacting everyone."
Gonzalez said one of his key missions will be to find ways to boost business. He cited possible work for the U.S. Department of Defense or government contractors, as AirNet already does some work for the government and is certified by the Defense Department.

scott u are like the katie couric of jetcareers when it comes to reporting airnet news to the world

scott u are like the katie couric of jetcareers when it comes to reporting airnet news to the world

3568.jpg

Have a good rest of the week in BUF scooter. :)

She is very discreet, but will haunt your dreams.:panic:. Well if you're 607 now I'll see you in midway.

Isn't this the guy who just finished riding Gemini in to the ground? Word on the street is there was a lot of unpleasantness when that went down. Might be time to strap some telephone books to your back.

Midway sucks. I had to go in there last night.
I can't put into words how fun it is to land on 31R without T/Rs.:sarcasm:

Midway sucks. I had to go in there last night.
I can't put into words how fun it is to land on 31R without T/Rs.:sarcasm:
Mike I do that every night!:laff: I don't think they will ever finish with construction on that god forsaken peice of land.

Mike I do that every night!:laff: I don't think they will ever finish with construction on that god forsaken peice of land.

Half the ATIS is runway and taxi closures. Probably be faster to name what's open.
If you don't make Yankee from 31C, you're a wuss. You one of the Barons or the mighty Van?

mike said:
I can't put into words how fun it is to land on 31R without T/Rs.
sarcasm.gif

I can imagine. The moo stops pretty good, but taking off at gross from 31R definitely serves as a reminder that if an engine goes on strike, I'm liable to get a really close look at the housing northwest of the field. When I'm at the hold short watching y'all or bankair come in at ohmygod knots, I always watch the other end to figure out how the damn things stop.

I did 31L a few times at lighter weights. Now *that* will wake you up.

Sorry guys...I'll be quick.

What do you expect? It's Illinois. The land of never ending DOT projects, on roads - and now - airports.

Bye!

Half the ATIS is runway and taxi closures. Probably be faster to name what's open.
If you don't make Yankee from 31C, you're a wuss. You one of the Barons or the mighty Van?
The baron, so it takes a little skill to make Yankee. *Note little*:crazy:

Back