Cleveland Center waiting list

AjsW51388

Ok, this is pretty much so anyone, including myself, can talk about Cleveland Center. Whether you want to go there, are on the waiting list to go there, in training and on your way, or simply already there. Oh, and of course anyone else who would like to add input my do so. Let us know who you are and what stage you are in of the hapy waiting game fo ATC. I just got an e-mail from MR. ANDERSON telling me that my clearances all went through and he went on to say... "However, we have to contact those who have been in processes for a greater period of time to offer the first class dates. We'll be contacting you once we get down to your name and have slots to fill for Cleveland Center." So does anyone have any Idea when they plan on having Cleveland Center OKC start dates?

Did you ask him what the upcoming dates he had to fill with cleveland center people? He should be able to at least tell you the dates that will be getting filled.

Did you ask him what the upcoming dates he had to fill with cleveland center people? He should be able to at least tell you the dates that will be getting filled.

I asked this question to him this morning for ZFW and haven't heard back yet. Didn't know he was tasked with sending out those emails though which would explain why I haven't heard from him.

I just called him and spoke with Larissa Rivers instead, she said the next available class dates are 11/19/08 and 1/30/09. I chose the 1/30/09 class, so maybe that'll free up some space. She said I can expect my FOL in about a month.

so are those the dates for Cleveland or just general start dates for okc? and are you actually signed up for the january date or did you just tell yourself that you would rather do that one?

Waiting to hear from Mr. A. going on 3 weeks haha, and I am also waiting for Cleveland Center, got my TOL in NYPEPC, and basically know about as much as you all, so I just suggest we all keep in touch and updates will arise I'm sure haha

Skywatcher87,

Did you specify a particular facility in your prefs or let the powers that be assign you a spot?

I sent an email on Friday to Mr. Anderson asking about my clearances for ZOB and a class date... no reply yet.

so are those the dates for Cleveland or just general start dates for okc? and are you actually signed up for the january date or did you just tell yourself that you would rather do that one?
Those dates are for Cleveland apps, OKC starts 10/02 but I'm not sure if ZOB folks are offered that one. She told me her next available classes for ZOB was 11/19 and 1/30. Due to how long I've been waiting I was allowed to choose one of the two, and I'm now signed up for 1/30.

I got in touch with HR today, good news is like everyone else all my clearances are through, also was told that they could not give me a date just yet, apparently there are 15 of us on this waiting list haha, they said most likely November or possibly January, so no new news, just happy to finally know my clearances are all set haha

yay for you and the rest of us!:D i guess that means you aren't going to turn two planes into each other....or at least that's what they think

hey cheezy, do you know an instructor at Kent named Paul Wilhelm? flight instructor that is...not professor.

yeah I talked to Paul about this once before and he knows who I am as well then. I'm assuming your probably his brother then because he said his brother was going through the same process.

I got in touch with HR today, good news is like everyone else all my clearances are through, also was told that they could not give me a date just yet, apparently there are 15 of us on this waiting list haha, they said most likely November or possibly January, so no new news, just happy to finally know my clearances are all set haha

congratulations. Now another month and a half and you'll get your date :p

yeah, we're brothers. i'm not sure what he is thinking now, but when he was in texas these past four months he said something about considering going our route rather than being a pilot. who knows. i will have to admit that this waiting game truly does suck! oh well, i guess it's worth it

yeah, we're brothers. i'm not sure what he is thinking now, but when he was in texas these past four months he said something about considering going our route rather than being a pilot. who knows. i will have to admit that this waiting game truly does suck! oh well, i guess it's worth it

its a tough trade-off. I have been in school to be a pilot, just got my commercial two weeks ago, but hey I always considered ATC as well, both were sort of "dream jobs" for me.

Back