Anyone been offered a class date but no FOL yet?

Acey97

I was called by the FAA to schedule my class date of October 2nd, but I was admittedly so excited over the phone I didn't catch everything she said. I believe she said she would email an FOL soon and I would receive a separate packet from the Academy. Still, I don't have an official final offer letter so I'm wondering if anyone else is in the same boat. I'm being very picky, but I need to see it in writing. She said all my clearances were in so I don't think there is anything to wait on. Just curious. Thanks.

Ya same with me. Only verbal confirmation over the phone. I'd really like at least an e-mail.

I was given called for Oct. 2nd as well. My HR contact told me that I would be receiving the FOL from her office in the mail and that I would also be receiving a packet from OKC. She said to give it a week or so because she had to draw it up with the date to report to work and then mail it out.

I was given called for Oct. 2nd as well. My HR contact told me that I would be receiving the FOL from her office in the mail and that I would also be receiving a packet from OKC. She said to give it a week or so because she had to draw it up with the date to report to work and then mail it out.

That actually sounds like pretty much what she told me. I just started seeing everyone on here getting FOLs and I started to doubt what I heard. I'll be looking for the FOL in the mail I suppose. Thanks for the info.

I received my FOL via email yesterday. I had the same conversation with HR regarding an Oct. 2nd class date and she told me then that I should expect it within 2-3 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised.

How long ago was the conversation?

My HR rep called me on Tuesday 8/19 so it hasn't been that long. If I remember correctly, I think she did say a week or so before she snail-mailed the FOL. Not sure why she isn't emailing one like some others have been receiving. I don't care how it comes, I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some kind of unforeseen problem delaying my FOL even though I received verbal confirmation that my clearances were completed. I'm just being paranoid. I've come so long in the last year or so I would be devastated if anything stopped me now :) I won't bother her until the end of next week if I haven't heard anything.

yep, all i've got is a verbal conformation also. waiting my 2 weeks before i call her about snail and email conformation and forms.

Back