Republic Pilots, The revolution begins...

Airdale

Just got a phone call tonight. Apparently the Teamsters are not too happy with the uproar within the pilot group. They have threatened 150 pilots who have been outspoken about our RIGHT to representation in support of our WRONGFULLY terminated Captain and First Officer. These threats have included fining the pilots with outrageous sums of money, and then having those pilots terminated on grounds of "Not withstanding Union Member." All because comments have been made about holding an election to remove the IBT and hold a vote for new representation.

It is no secret that our own Union is robbing us, not only of our money but the representation we PAY for. The Teamsters is forgetting one very important thing - THEY WORK FOR US. WE PAY THEIR SALARY. If they think they are going to threaten our jobs and our livelyhood, they have got another thing coming to them. If these threats come to each member personally, or they come to fruition, the IBT, along with each of its EXCO members, will be presented with a Federal Law suit from the Department of Labor on behalf of those pilots threatened.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. If you are a Republic Airways Pilot, NOW is the time to stand united with your pilot group and your fellow coworkers. We will not let the unjust actions that occured to our 8 year Captain, J. ,go unpunished. I don't care whether you think the Teamsters do anything for you or not, what they are doing is ILLEGAL an IMMORAL. It is time to stand behind your fellow brother on the line.

Regardless of what Union representation you want at this company, stand behind us to rid this company of the IBT. We can not do this without your support, and without your support, 150 pilots will surely go down fighting. We want a vote to decertify the Teamsters.

This is the turning point in our pilot group. I am a junior pilot here, but there are countless Republic brothers much senior to me that are rising up to fight for this pilot group and I stand behind them 100%. Please do not let them down, please do not let us down.

Spread the word, because the revolution is coming, either you're in or your out. And don't worry about ILLEGAL threats from the Teamsters, one more threat and we take this entire case to the media, including the Department of Labor and the NMB.

Go to Republicpilots.org and voice your opinion. Thank you!

That's nothing new to the IBT.

A shame really. What's even a larger shame, is that the Utopian ones about you won't even lift an eye to the injustices. Such is life.

Good luck RAH, you guys deserve much MUCH better than what you're getting right now.

And Dale - I'm copying that into a thread on another forum, hope you don't mind. I'll cite you of course. ;)

Why were they terminated?

Its a long story, and I don't want to go into details for obvious reasons, but basically an FA threw up in a hotel room and the entire crew was fired on grounds of drinking within the company 12hr rule, yet the only evidence are written statements by a few ticked off hotel employees. The union let them hang, both CA and FO.

Now, our very own EXCO leaders, have printed out our posts from the Republicpilots.org website and personally handed them to the Local 747 board. Looks like myself as well as almost 150 pilots are going to get called in front of the IBT board. We ain't going alone, all 150 are gonna walk in together.

Talk about TRAITORS. The very people elected into Union office are turning on their own pilot group...guys this is gonna get ugly. There may be some people going down in flames, God only hopes its the EXCO and this union. I never thought standing up for what you believe, and more importantly, standing up for your own fellow pilots, would lead to this much headache. Kinda wish I just kept my mouth shut. We picked a fight with the IBT, now we got one.

Its a long story, and I don't want to go into details for obvious reasons, but basically an FA threw up in a hotel room and the entire crew was fired on grounds of drinking within the company 12hr rule, yet the only evidence are written statements by a few ticked off hotel employees. The union let them hang, both CA and FO.

Now, our very own EXCO leaders, have printed out our posts from the Republicpilots.org website and personally handed them to the Local 747 board. Looks like myself as well as almost 150 pilots are going to get called in front of the IBT board. We ain't going alone, all 150 are gonna walk in together.

Talk about TRAITORS. The very people elected into Union office are turning on their own pilot group...guys this is gonna get ugly. There may be some people going down in flames, God only hopes its the EXCO and this union. I never thought standing up for what you believe, and more importantly, standing up for your own fellow pilots, would lead to this much headache. Kinda wish I just kept my mouth shut. We picked a fight with the IBT, now we got one.

. . .aren't you kind of exposing your hand here by continuing to talk!?

Public board and all. . .

Just got a phone call tonight. Apparently the Teamsters are not too happy with the uproar within the pilot group.
Spread the word, because the revolution is coming, either you're in or your out. And don't worry about ILLEGAL threats from the Teamsters, one more threat and we take this entire case to the media, including the Department of Labor and the NMB.

Go to Republicpilots.org and voice your opinion. Thank you!

Give 'em hell, man! I'm with ya!

:bandit:

Ooooh, nefarious plans. The fun to be had.....muwhahahahaaaaa!

medium_dr_evil_1.jpg

Yea, he got it with the last line. He was kinda doing that whole movie/cartoon thing where the villian tells the good guy the whole plot to his nefarious plan, and what secrets haven't come out yet. And how he will die.

:laff: I like ya Max...good call. ;)

I'm standing behind my fellow Republic brothers, but I'm not at the fore front of this movement. I can't be. Its just sickening what is taking place and I will always side with my fellow pilots. So just take these postings as informational picketing in support of my Republic pilots. I just want to make it clear where I stand. ;)

Nah, you could show me 10 names in a list and I couldn't tell you who was Airdale.

If the IBT starts playing dirty, they'll probably send me some demand "email" about posts and it will end up in the circular bin with the other dozen or so I've received over the years.

Now that's straight up BS. When a union starts pulling tactics like this b/c members are speaking out against them, it's time for them to go. We've got plenty of anti-ALPA guys in the industry, but you don't see ALPA threatening them with their jobs. Why? Because it's ILLEGAL to terminate someone based on talk about ousting a union or a union's poor performance. And if Republic goes along with this little sham, they'll be on the hook for the lawsuit as well.

:laff: I like ya Max...good call. ;)

I'm standing behind my fellow Republic brothers, but I'm not at the fore front of this movement. I can't be. Its just sickening what is taking place and I will always side with my fellow pilots. So just take these postings as informational picketing in support of my Republic pilots. I just want to make it clear where I stand. ;)

"...and, I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you kids!"

Back