Any Single pilot guys need a right seater.

dhood84

As I complete my Multi-COM I am looking for someone to ride right seat with. I have time in Cj's, 414's, PC-12's and a bunch of other aircraft. Im easy to get along with and love to learn new things everyday. I live in the OC area in california.

Let me know.

Derek

Most single pilot guys on here are 135, so you can't even if you wanted to. You must have went through a 135 program. The rest is all about who you know.

As for the views, it was pure curiosity, I'm guessing, from the 135 guys/gals looking to see how desperate the 121 and low time guys were becoming. Just a guess...

If you want to move to st. louis, you can fly to chicago with me in the middle of the night. The downside is you can't touch the controls or log the time. Let me know.

Seriously, get a job you get paid for. I hear there's good money in being a CF...nevermind.

Every time I see this thread I chuckle..... Single pilot guys sounds like a dating service.....

Lonely heart right here....LOL. But I was just seeing what was out there. I have been airport bumming looking for something.

Derek

You're not the only lonely heart out there. There are not many companies willing to train at all much less a time builder off the streets is what it comes down to. Too many pilots? I'm still baffled about reasons why the industry is so cut throat on both sides (pilot and company). For example, pilot says after this many hours I'm rolling on to better things. Companies say go learn how to fly somewhere else you don't have a chance here (you can't do this job with that low time!). For the low time commercial pilot you do have to consider working for free just to get your damn foot in the door. I have worked for free many many hours (85-90% of my total time); it sucks but I rather that than CFIing strangers that may have the job I wished for while I am CFIing on a 1-2 year contract. Perhaps learning to fly should be just as hard as getting a commercial flying job. Comes down to who you know! FAA sure pushes the CFI route. Huuum, wonder why? Where is that freedom thread? That's another topic.

Ride with a pilot that doesn't log time anymore so you can log from the right seat (log the dead head legs until 500 TT then any VFR flight after reaching 500). What is the point of flying if you can't ever touch the controls learning how to fly that certain aircraft that no company is willing to train you how to fly because the street pilot is looking for a in and out time building kinda deal. Here is the stereotype: Every pilot wants to fly the biggest aircraft he is offered to fly no matter what it pays. Is it a little we-we complex? I just want to get paid for what I know how to do with out the FAA telling me CFIing is the one and only way. I hope this reply is useful but I have the idea you know most of this and the negativity behind it all. Good luck getting there, dude. I feel your pain.

Back