ATC Basics

TechFlyer

I'm new to the ATC venture so bare with me. Everybody keeps talking about PUBNATs and I know those are announcements to apply but where do you find these announcements? Is the word still about one announcement till September and do you think it will be open to OTS?

I'm new to the ATC venture so bare with me. Everybody keeps talking about PUBNATs and I know those are announcements to apply but where do you find these announcements? Is the word still about one announcement till September and do you think it will be open to OTS?

go to the faa job board. i am not sure if this link will work but it's a filter for ATC non current federal employees.

http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/jobsearch.asp?q=&jbf522=&fn=4651&lid=&salmin=&salmax=&FedEmp=N&tm=&sort=rv&vw=d&brd=3876&jbf574=TD03&ss=0&FedPub=Y&caller=%2Fa9TD03.asp&SUBMIT1.x=108&SUBMIT1.y=12

You'll be looking for one that says PUBNAT instead of CTI or VRA (in that space)

Here are a couple of tips to make you a REAL ATC applicant.

-Get a better Avatar - something witty or smart or egotistical.. or just
go with the big airbus picture.

-Learn to bash everyone that asks a question (you can pass for someone
who knows b/c of your posts from other JC forums (Senior member.))

-Build a little shrine on your headboard with MasterChief in the middle
and pray to ATLTRACON the almighty every night before you go to bed
in hopes that he will pass some of his awesomeness down to you
via osmosis and telekinesis like he can.

-Get a ticker for how long you've been waiting since your PUBNAT aps
and use the headbashing symbol as often as possible to broadcast
your angst and desire and impatience at the lengthly process.

-Just stick your nose in and let the knowledge work it way up. Use the search function because EVERYTHING you would want to know, in one way or another has already been discussed.. and if you can't find it, just message me I'd be happy to help... and If I can't find the answer I'll annoy someone until I can get the answer.

fine.. modded the post

I guess a little sarcasm and humor doesn't go very far in this place..

and use the headbashing symbol as often as possible to broadcast
your angst and desire and impatience at the lengthly process.

Haha ya I picked up on that one...seems to be real popular around these parts. I'll see what I can do about the other ones. Thanks Raydon :)

Haha ya I picked up on that one...seems to be real popular around these parts. I'll see what I can do about the other ones.

Heh, Raydon's not far off on most of those, really.

You'll actually want to look for jobs via ASAP, since it lists all of them and is where you'll go to apply anyway. You can get to it at https://jobs.faa.gov/asap/ . To just look at what's available, try http://jobs.faa.gov.

As you've gathered, the process is looooong. Lots of waiting. We (PUBNAT3, ended in late May) didn't get a notice that we were selected for the AT-SAT for nearly two months -- and that's much better than how it used to be; last year it took six months or more. Just be patient, pass time here complaining with the rest of us, and call the Job Line once in a while if you're feeling uneasy (although be aware that they're not always consistent with their answers).

And don't hesitate to ask a question if you have one. Use the search feature first, since many have already gone through here, but if you can't find it, ask away. Feel free to ignore the :mad::panic::banghead::crazy: that will crop up when you do, it's Trident's way of saying that he loves you.

By "Job Line" do you mean the OKC number that you call and their little auto-answer says

"If you're calling about an application already submitted for one of our items, please press 7"

and then

"there are no agents available to take your call, please try again later -click-?"

EVERY SINGLE DANG TIME YOU TRY TO CALL????

i love that line.. it's like trying to call an ex girlfriend that stole your Maui Jim sunglasses on her way out the door...

By "Job Line" do you mean the OKC number that you call and their little auto-answer says

"If you're calling about an application already submitted for one of our items, please press 7"

and then

"there are no agents available to take your call, please try again later -click-?"

i love that line.. it's like trying to call an ex girlfriend that stole your Maui Jim sunglasses on her way out the door...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Just keeping with the ATC forum ways. I'll help you out.

And thanks Rosstafari, I appreciate your help.

and then

i love that line.. it's like trying to call an ex girlfriend that stole your Maui Jim sunglasses on her way out the door...

Yeah, that one. The trick is to call during off-hours -- mornings are best, before 10:30 CST if you can. Early afternoons sometimes work. Never around lunch or after 3, since those are the most common times.

You'll still get the recording a lot -- I have no idea why there's no holding queue -- but I've found those are the most likely times to get through after several tries. Just remember to be nice to the person on the other end, as they can really be pretty helpful at times. I had one look through my first app and make a few suggestions to help out once.

:yeahthat:Nicely put!!! I laughed so hard I cried when I read that as I HAVE had an ex take a pair of my Maui Jim sunglasses! Also had a friend sit on a pair and replace them with Ray Ban aviators thinking they were comparable. :banghead:

I have called them (I meant tried) so many times that my cell actually automatically placed them in the speed dial. I called 109 times the first time (over the course of two weeks) before I actually got to speak to a person......

Back