FAA Accuses American Airlines of Safety Violations

mjg407

DEVELOPING — Federal aviation authorities accused American Airlines on Thursday of safety violations and problems with its drug and alcohol testing, which carry potential penalties of up to $7.1 million.
Among the violations, the Federal Aviation Administration alleges that American last December improperly deferred maintenance work on safety-related equipment when returning two aircraft to service after pilots had reported problems. The planes then flew 58 times, according to the FAA.
The FAA, in announcing the violations, said the large fine "is appropriate because American Airlines was aware that appropriate repairs were needed, and instead deferred maintenance," the agency said in a news release. "In intentionally continuing to fly the aircraft, the carrier did not follow important safety regulations intended to protect passengers and crew."

Come on AA, you can do better. I am a frequent traveler on American and have always been very pleased with my service on them. I will still prefer to fly them.

ahhhh.....kinda goes hand in hand. Crap service....crap planes.....crap maintenance. Way to go 'Double A'! You've out done yourself!:banghead:
Oh what the heck....you can always blame it on the economy!

Someone in the DFW FSDO is on a mission. I wonder how long before there's some "scandal" at Continental.

Come on AA, you can do better. I am a frequent traveler on American and have always been very pleased with my service on them. I will still prefer to fly them.

IMHO, AA staff operates as if they have a stick up their ass. Like it's still the 60s and they have to be prim, proper and professional to a T. Lighten up guys and gals... let's have some fun, people are stuck in a long tube for hours at a time with little movement... for the luv.

IMHO, AA staff operates as if they have a stick up their ass. Like it's still the 60s and they have to be prim, proper and professional to a T. Lighten up guys and gals... let's have some fun, people are stuck in a long tube for hours at a time with little movement... for the luv.

Wait, you're accusing them of being professional and proper?

Back