Aerial Mapping - Beginning of Season Discussion

TXaviator

Hey everyone, I read through the aerial mapping end of season talk and this looks like a viable option for som fresh commercial guys out there.

Does anyone have connections still to the companies they flew for last season? Anyone have an inside line on who needs pilots?

Already sent a resume and letter to Landcare....

Basically, anyone hear about whats going on for this year?

Thanks

Pretty much in the same boat you are. I know that RAMS is no longer in business, their website to the contrary. We'll see......

Thanks to the overally industry hiring slowdown, a handful of guys from last season will be returning to DWAS this season, and thus we'll be hiring only around 4-5 new pilots. Unfortunately, it's looking like DWAS' mins will be going up to 500 TT.

The silver lining is that there will be greater movement during the season as most guys (myself included) will likely be moving on once they hit Pt 135 IFR mins.

And yes, RAMS is out of the Pictometry game. I'll see if I can't find out where those aircraft are headed.

p.s.: DWAS is not yet accepting resumes, so everybody please stop PM'ing me. I'll post in the Jobs Available forum when the time comes.

Anyone have the name specifically of who I should ask for when I call Landcare and Northern States?

You're a eager beaver. I'll try and raise your total time before your apply. Like mentioned earlier there a lot of pilots that will be hunting for this kind of job.

You're a eager beaver. I'll try and raise your total time before your apply. Like mentioned earlier there a lot of pilots that will be hunting for this kind of job.

ok im tired of explaining it and being downright belittled for being a "low time pilot"

what the hell, everyone has to start SOMEWHERE.

no i cant get my CFI because i dont have the money for it. hence why im trying to get a job. no i cant go buy more hours, because i need a job. see the issue here?

holy hell i never thought id be attacked so much for trying hard to find a job. (not saying only on here, other forums/places too)

Also in the same boat... looking to get in the discussion early as I'm sure this year it will be a bit more competitive.

Any chance we can keep on topic and anyone with inside info can post contact names/emails for us interested in the jobs?

Already contacted Aloft (sorry to be one of the guys to bother you :D), I'll be looking for that job post!

ok im tired of explaining it and being downright belittled for being a "low time pilot"

what the hell, everyone has to start SOMEWHERE.

no i cant get my CFI because i dont have the money for it. hence why im trying to get a job. no i cant go buy more hours, because i need a job. see the issue here?

holy hell i never thought id be attacked so much for trying hard to find a job. (not saying only on here, other forums/places too)
Good luck. Without 250 it will be hard. Most insurance requires 250TT for commercial ops.

With the job market the way it is they would have no reason to pick you over some one with 250 TT or more.

Good luck. Without 250 it will be hard. Most insurance requires 250TT for commercial ops.

With the job market the way it is they would have no reason to pick you over some one with 250 TT or more.

Right. While I understand it will be hard, I refuse to accept it as 'impossible' and start filling out my McDonald's app (though, perhaps this would be the more wise decision, hell i dunno).

All I am looking for is the chance to demonstrate to someone that I am going to be that good employee, and then maybe work out something to get a few more hours in the book to make the insurance people happy.

I understand it is driven by insurance, but it sure is frustrating getting a commercial license that cannot be used for anything, ANYTHING, since the part 61 guys are going to have 250TT by default if they have a CPL, while I am out in the cold since I went the 141 way. :-\

But that is moot at this juncture, i still need to bust my *rear* trying to get a job.

Right. While I understand it will be hard, I refuse to accept it as 'impossible' and start filling out my McDonald's app (though, perhaps this would be the more wise decision, hell i dunno).

All I am looking for is the chance to demonstrate to someone that I am going to be that good employee, and then maybe work out something to get a few more hours in the book to make the insurance people happy.

I understand it is driven by insurance, but it sure is frustrating getting a commercial license that cannot be used for anything, ANYTHING, since the part 61 guys are going to have 250TT by default if they have a CPL, while I am out in the cold since I went the 141 way. :-\

But that is moot at this juncture, i still need to bust my *rear* trying to get a job.

Yes it can, but it is jobs you don't want. Drop Zones, CFI.

Yes it can, but it is jobs you don't want. Drop Zones, CFI.

i never said i was opposed to traffic/pipes/skydivers/etc

in fact i have solicited insight on this type of work, yet no one has advanced any *specific* places to check out, and the places i have checked out on my own have turned me down due to my hours.

and i feel like im wasting my time and breath with the CFI issue. cfi is not an option for me financially at this point even if i was IN LOVE with the idea of being a cfi. hence why i am looking for a JOB.

:banghead:

Where in this thread did this occur?? :confused:

the snide remarks like prefacing a reply with "good luck."

i also noted that this has been occurring for me elsewhere (on this site and others) and is generally very discouraging.

whatever, im over it, maybe i should "change my tampon" as was suggested to me by another pilot :rolleyes:

Aviation is frustrating and far from fair.

Aviation is frustrating and far from fair.

im still looking for the alternate universe where hard work and desire get you to this nice gated community called "the american dream"

anyway, back to topic, if anyone has anything to add.

Does anyone have contact information for "Air America" based in Florida?
Doing a search reveals nothing but that Democratic-talk radio called Air America.
If anyone has phone/fax/website or anything, please post here: the other Pictometry vendors are easy to get ahold of.
Thanks

Try this link for air america http://airamericafc.com/imaging/

Except I usually call them scare america. Everytime I have flown one of their aircraft I have had some sort of issue from lost comm, to all my interior lighting dying at night, to my engine about to sputter out.

I don't have any details on the job because I don't work for them, I just rent an aircraft on occasion from them.

Back