Schools in Florida to work for?

deek

Hello everybody!

I'm currently in Houston working on my ratings and hope to be done with my CFI or CFII by summer next year if not sooner and was looking to move back to Florida to instruct till the next step comes along.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good schools to work for anywhere in FL, but would prefer the FT. Laud area.

Looking for lots of flying and anyplace with good pay (salary preferred) and that maybe will offer help with more ratings or part-time charter flying.

I know I'm asking for the golden flight school here, but can't hurt to ask.

i've heard that palm beach flight training at lantana is a decent place to work. they have a lot of students and west palm beach is a pretty nice place to live. your best bet is to get on with one of the academy's. it will probably be tough, but if you want a salary that might be your only choice.

i've heard that palm beach flight training at lantana is a decent place to work. they have a lot of students and west palm beach is a pretty nice place to live. your best bet is to get on with one of the academy's. it will probably be tough, but if you want a salary that might be your only choice.

PBFT is a pretty decent place to work... I was there full time from July '07 to Jan '08, and still work there P/T. I was very busy, and the fleet is mostly new with lots of 172 SPs, G1000s, 182s, and an Arrow. There is talk of a Seneca sometime soon too.

For awhile they were pretty short on CFIs, but that does not seem to be the case anymore. Either way, it's worth a shot. Seemed better than most places out there.

Don't have much to say about the places in FXE. Had a pretty bad experience with one of the operators out there though.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I would prefer Ft. laud/Miami but would also consider Tampa, Jacksonville, WPB. And like I said, this won't be till next summer so things could be completely different by then.

Right now no one in JAX is hiring. My school gets about three resumes a week which cover the gamut from no time to 121 F/O's. Sadly for those guys we have to turn them away. Since you're going to be waiting until next summer you might be ok for a job here. Send me a PM and I'll give you some contact info.

Back