Security Clearance Phone Number? and Medical

scottbv04

Does anyone know the phone number, or company to contact to ask about your clearance and process of it. Also any phone numbers in regards to your medical. Just want to call and get the scoop. Cant get a reply back from HR reps

Does anyone know the phone number, or company to contact to ask about your clearance and process of it. Also any phone numbers in regards to your medical. Just want to call and get the scoop. Cant get a reply back from HR reps

OPM office....Office of Personnel Management is the entity that conducts the background checks .....(202) 606-1800.....just follow the prompts..

OPM office....Office of Personnel Management is the entity that conducts the background checks .....(202) 606-1800.....just follow the prompts..

I dont know how you did it, but I was on the phone with that number for a LONG time today. Talked to many people. Once they found out I was the "subject" as they put it - no information on the status would be given out. Plus, they want additional #s other than the request # Equip provides.

Anyway, either you know what you were doing or I am just dense -

They gave you a point of contact, use it. If they tell you that your security is still pending, wait, don't go calling OPM. The more addresses you have listed, the more jobs, the more complex your life is... the longer it will take. If you have questionable items on your SF85/6 you will probably not be issued an interim clearance (you know the people who go to OKC just weeks after their PEPC... they are on an interim clearance. No BI gets adjudicated in a few weeks...). You will probably have to wait for the full BI process to clear...

Obviously this isnt the first background investigation I've gone through, and I'll tell you the BI for the FAA is hardly as intrusive as some of the other agencies.

No, I get it, but my call wasnt just a "Hey! are you done yet?" kind of thing. I had questions my POC was unable to answer.

Hey ATLTRACON - congratulations on the upgrade. had a chance to dish out some law yet?

They gave you a point of contact, use it. If they tell you that your security is still pending, wait, don't go calling OPM. The more addresses you have listed, the more jobs, the more complex your life is... the longer it will take. If you have questionable items on your SF85/6 you will probably not be issued an interim clearance (you know the people who go to OKC just weeks after their PEPC... they are on an interim clearance. No BI gets adjudicated in a few weeks...). You will probably have to wait for the full BI process to clear...

That might explain something else you see on these boards.
All those "so and so went to the academy, and then after being there 10 weeks they fired them for something they found in the BI"
Are those most likely people that go on interim, then something is found when the full BI is done weeks after reporting? I couldnt understand how someone could get cleared, then let go at a later time.

Obviously this isnt the first background investigation I've gone through, and I'll tell you the BI for the FAA is hardly as intrusive as some of the other agencies.

Very true. A good friend was just recently hired by DHS - they had people flying all over the country personally interviewing anyone who every knew the person.

Thanks for the info

Mine was a 7 month wait. No info for me I just had to tough it out and wait, no fun. My point of contact had pretty much no info for me each time I called. Very frustrating for awhile...
Then out of the blue I got a random call from OKC about 5 weeks ago asking if I wanted an Aug. 19th class date. You just have to wait it out, especially if, like one of the previous posters mentioned, your life has some issues/complexities to it. Mine does (or did, in the past lol :)
Usually, I believe, they let you know pretty quickly if they CAN'T clear you, so think of it as 'no news = good news.'

Best of luck, hang in there
:)

Back