Predictions For Two Years From Now!

RWH1986

Some Guy
I am starting in the MPD program at ASU this fall and was wondering what people think the job market will look like in the summer of 2010 when I graduate?

And while you're at it, please give me the winning Powerball numbers for this weekend...
:D

I'm going to guess that in 2 years the last of the ExpressJet pilots will have just been called back.

And if you think that's unrealistic, consider the union is trying to get recall rights extended from 3 years to 5 years right now...

Dash-8 Q400s will be the "new" RJ allowing regional airlines to make high profits. :D

Agree!! The plane makes sense, it's economical etc.

However I see no reason why wages will increase. There is a line of people who will fly them at current wages or less. Colgan and lynx both fly this plane and have no shortage of applicants, plus it seems like guys want to go to the left seat from within the company or off the street captains. The pay could go lower in my opinion.

Hopefully, Mesa will be gone. Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear, but it would be for the common good of the pilot profession for Mesa to disappear.

However, I think that there will be hiring opportunities elsewhere by that time. The recovery will come, it always does. It might take a little longer this time, but it'll be here.

Most of us will be older, have more embarassing stories to tell, have consumed the equivalent of a megakeg of beer, have regrets, and STILL FLY AIRPLANES. Who knows, I may even upgrade by then... So much for "upgrade with the age" that was happening when I got HIRED 2 years ago... Now I can't hold anything but the right seat. Could always be worse- I have a job, wife, and health.........

Now if you have those powerball numbers.....

Make high profits, while continuing to pay paltry wages to those who make the money. Let's be realistic now! ;)

That is obviously debatable.

Some around these parts think that 121 First Officers and SIC's shouldn't even be needed. . .:rolleyes:

What happens to an MPD guy if Mesa shuts down? I've never been a big fan of MDP but this is seems like a pretty bad time to go that route.

What happens to an MPD guy if Mesa shuts down? I've never been a big fan of MDP but this is seems like a pretty bad time to go that route.

Hopefully that does'nt happen! I chose between ASU, UND, and Auburn. ASU seemed like the best fit for me then but sometimes I think it wasn't. I don't really want to work for Mesa and will choose others over them!

Whatever happens I can guarantee you one thing, airplanes will be flying! Just dont know which

I will have taken 451 showers, gone through 21 bottles of spikey-hair gel, and performed 5 Cat-II ILS approaches without pausing my ipod.

I'm going to guess that in 2 years the last of the ExpressJet pilots will have just been called back.

And if you think that's unrealistic, consider the union is trying to get recall rights extended from 3 years to 5 years right now...
I've heard the 5 year number a couple of places, but I'm confused since the contract clearly says 7 years (13.B.2 A pilot on furlough status who fails to accept recall or who has not been recalled within 7 years will have his name removed from the seniority list.)

Back