Jet Blue to sell blankets and pillows

jumpseating with the fa's the other day and they said at first they were against selling blankets and pillows, but after seeing the product they were really impressed. guess the whole thing comes as a pack with a nice travel bag. pillow isn't the crappy blow up ones, its a nice plush pillow and the blanket is very large and thick. fleece-like is what they said. guess the whole thing is in one of those bags that has the air evacuated from it, so its pretty compact until you open it. $7 aint so bad considering delta charges $4 for a bag of peanut m&m's.

$7 for the whole thing along with a coupon for $5 at Bed Bath and Beyond is what I heard.

It actually is a really good deal. They sell the neck pillows for $15 at the airports, and this is $7 with a really nice blanket and pillow, as well as a coupon for bed bath and beyond.

Man that just doesn't seem right... I was on an ATA flight going back to hawaii a year or two ago and they would only put one blanket and pillow in each row so people were taking it from other rows when they got on. I wonder how much money they are making/saving from doing this.

I don't get it... Pretty much all domestic airlines nowadays charge for everything... US Airways has gone to even charging to sit in an aisle or exit... I don't believe that Southwest doesn't even offer you pillows or blankets. So you get the option of being able to purchase this onboard the aircraft, rather than at the airport or store, for only $7, which is almost a bargain considering how much they rip you off at airports. I've got more to throw in here, but need to go catch my flight.

Back