Where are all the Aug. 19th OKC people?

mugenfan_98

How are you guys getting there? Where you guys heading afterwards? Where you staying? Are you pumped out of your minds to finally be done with this agonizing process?

Yo, I'm here! I'm driving from Orlando, would rent a car but I think I'll just take mine and save the money I would spend renting one. I'll be headed to Albuquerque Center afterwards so it is only an 8 hour drive from OKC.
Yes, I'm excited and relieved that I don't have to wait anymore. These two weeks are going to be tough just tying things together and getting stuff ready for the move.
I'm staying at Walnut Gardens starting the 28th of August since I couldn't find anything earlier than that. Its all good, I can handle staying at a hotel the first 10 days :)

How about you?!:nana2:

Yo, I'm here! I'm driving from Orlando, would rent a car but I think I'll just take mine and save the money I would spend renting one. I'll be headed to Albuquerque Center afterwards so it is only an 8 hour drive from OKC.
Yes, I'm excited and relieved that I don't have to wait anymore. These two weeks are going to be tough just tying things together and getting stuff ready for the move.
I'm staying at Walnut Gardens starting the 28th of August since I couldn't find anything earlier than that. Its all good, I can handle staying at a hotel the first 10 days :)

How about you?!:nana2:

12/07 - TOL
07/08 - FOL

?!?! OUCHH. :banghead:

Ill be there to. Driving out from MD.. Heading to ZOB after... I got a 2 bedroom at spanish Gardens...starting on 18th..and possibly need a roommate still. PM me for details...

12/07 - TOL
07/08 - FOL

?!?! OUCHH. :banghead:

Tell me about it. They first contacted me at the end of March asking if I could make a class date of April 14th. Of course I couldn't just pack up and go in two weeks so I asked for a later date. When they called again and ask for a class date in July (this was at the end of may) I asked if there was anything in August and boila!

I'm driving out there from the Chicago area. I'm staying in a one bedroom at apple tree starting the 18th. Afterwards I'm heading back to the Chicago area to work at Chicago Center in Aurora (ZAU).

Sounds like I might see ya at the Happy hour at walnut, eh ZAB? :rawk:

Must be nice to stay in Chicago, I gotta relocate from Florida :S But I'm looking forward to getting out of 100% humidity weather lol

Happy Hour? Yeah!:buck:

Nice. My wife bought me a Garmin this weekend so I should be in good shape to find my place. :nana2:

Also, ZAB, just a bit of advice, I called my apple tree and they said they got people that cancel on them right up to the date of arrival. I called last week and got my housing moved up two days so I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel. I would call a couple times before you leave and see if you can save yourself a few bones rather than splurging on a hotel.

Nice. My wife bought me a Garmin this weekend so I should be in good shape to find my place. :nana2:

Also, ZAB, just a bit of advice, I called my apple tree and they said they got people that cancel on them right up to the date of arrival. I called last week and got my housing moved up two days so I wouldn't have to stay in a hotel. I would call a couple times before you leave and see if you can save yourself a few bones rather than splurging on a hotel.

Sweet! Totally doing that Monday now! The hotel is on the students services list and it is only 8 bucks more than the apartment but if I can save those 8 bucks that is more money for later. Thanks!

None, I went non-PEPC

I'm thinking that it would probably be a good idea for me to also go the non-PEPC route. I've got some great connections at a large facility so I could do an interview there or get one set up at a mid-level up/down which would be great to start at.

Do you think it would be more advantageous to get an interview at the facility or to get it all done in one day at a PEPC?

I'm thinking that it would probably be a good idea for me to also go the non-PEPC route. I've got some great connections at a large facility so I could do an interview there or get one set up at a mid-level up/down which would be great to start at.

Do you think it would be more advantageous to get an interview at the facility or to get it all done in one day at a PEPC?

Good question. One of my connections told me specifically not to do a PEPC since he'd be giving the me the interview and stuff if i did it local...

Good question. One of my connections told me specifically not to do a PEPC since he'd be giving the me the interview and stuff if i did it local...

Yeah, the people I work with have said that going local would probably be a good idea since I know everyone there already. But I'll ask more about it on Monday when I go in.

Yeah, I think it is a good idea. Granted, doing it the PEPC way you get everything done right away but with a local interview you get a more personalized feeling. I got to tour ZJX during my interview and by the end of the day my interviewer and I were having more of a casual chat than an interview. Few weeks later I was having my medical exams and all that fun stuff. So if you want to do it that way then go for it!

About having connections and having them request stuff for you, I don't know. Couldn't hurt I guess :\

Since my PEPC was going to be conducted in the same general area that I wanted to go to it turned out that the person interviewing me was the man I needed to see anyways. Actually there were 3 guy doing the interview from ZAU that day so it just happened to work out for me.

How are you guys getting there? Where you guys heading afterwards? Where you staying? Are you pumped out of your minds to finally be done with this agonizing process?

I'm in this class, will be driving from Albuquerque. ZAB bound, staying at Meridian Mansions. Can't wait, definitely pumped it's been a long time!

:)

Back