No more training wheels!

tlewis95

I drive planes
I just finished my tailwheel endorsement yesterday flying a Cessna 140 and a Piper J3. What fun!

I have already given 2 hours worth of Cub rides too. :hiya:

anotherpowerplaneirent.jpg

DSC06055.jpg

DSC01830.jpg

DSC01831.jpg

Congrats. I've got about 60 hours in the fun-forty. In fact, other than my hour in a Champ, all my tail-wheel time is the the fun-forty.

Congratulations! I got my tailwheel endorsement in a Citabria. The school had a cub to train in, but it was down for maint. and I never got to fly it :(

Tailwheels are tons of fun though!

Thanks for all the congrats guys.

Just put another 1.4 hours on the C140 tonight on a burger run. =]

Oh ya, in the 7 hours I have in it, they have never been closed. I don't even know how to close them. lol

Never had it above 1000 AGL either.

Awesome! I can't wait to do that. So much fun!

I always fly with the windows open in the 172, but it just is not the same.

I always fly with the windows open in the 172, but it just is not the same.

The C-140 I usually fly with the windows out in the air too, and occasionally a 152 or 172.

Definitely more fun that way I think. :nana2:

I thought that hangar/plane looked familiar. I take it you've done the whole Lake Geneva, Lake Delevan trip at 200agl? Make sure you spend some time up there this fall when the leaves change. Oh yeah, take a girl too!

I thought that hangar/plane looked familiar. I take it you've done the whole Lake Geneva, Lake Delevan trip at 200agl? Make sure you spend some time up there this fall when the leaves change. Oh yeah, take a girl too!

Haha, not yet. I was planning on waiting for a nice morning or evening in the Fall to run the Cub around the lakes.

All of the girls seem to want to fly the Cub, while the guys like the C-140.

I don't get it. :confused:

Cool, I got mine in a Champ and I've always wanted to fly the Cessna tailwheel planes. In fact I would love to fly a 195 someday, it seems like it would be quite the beast!

Back