Any Army ATC folks around?

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
Just wondering if any Army ATC'ers could share their experiences and what a normal duty day involves. I did 4 years Active Army in Intel, got out in '06. I'm possibly considering going Guard as an ATC'er here in PHX at Papago AAF. I'm curious as to if there are any really big differences from that of an AF / Civilian ATC other than the fact that I'd be working with a majority of helos?

Any help is...as always here on JC...appreciated.

Matt

Just wondering if any Army ATC'ers could share their experiences and what a normal duty day involves. I did 4 years Active Army in Intel, got out in '06. I'm possibly considering going Guard as an ATC'er here in PHX at Papago AAF. I'm curious as to if there are any really big differences from that of an AF / Civilian ATC other than the fact that I'd be working with a majority of helos?

Any help is...as always here on JC...appreciated.

Matt

why the heck would you go Army ATC when you're qualified to for hire with the FAA? :panic:

why the heck would you go Army ATC when you're qualified to for hire with the FAA? :panic:

Uhmm, because I'm not FAA qualified....I did 4 years in Electronic MX in the Intel sector....lol

Uhmm, because I'm not FAA qualified....I did 4 years in Electronic MX in the Intel sector....lol

was it "progressively responsible work experience?"

if so, you can apply :D

hell, they even give you veteran's preference. you'd even start out with seniority over all the pukes getting hired right now.

was it "progressively responsible work experience?"

if so, you can apply :D

hell, they even give you veteran's preference. you'd even start out with seniority over all the pukes getting hired right now.

Dude, he's army I don't think he understands. Shhh.... don't tell him, that would be rude. LOL, JK ozziecat.

The FAA is hiring people off the street with no ATC experience right now.

If you hurry you can apply to the announcement that closes today.

Yeah, then I risk being sent to some God awful corner of the country.....(ie any where in the Southeast...lol) I like Phoenix thank you.

Yeah, then I risk being sent to some God awful corner of the country.....(ie any where in the Southeast...lol) I like Phoenix thank you.

As opposed to joining the Army National Guard and getting sent to some god awful corner of the WORLD?

If you pick AZ as your geographic preference or somewhere in the southwest, you can get close to where you want or right there in PHX. It may take a little longer that's all.

you actually stand a pretty decent chance of ending up at phoenix if you just call some managers, put AZ down as your only geographic preference, and also put phoenix in your comments section. right now, almost everyone is hiring. it won't be like that when you get out of the army again.

Back