Newbie Weird Question: Anybody know any info about AUS ATCT?

flywithmyeyesclosed

I live in Austin, and i just wanna know if anyone has any info on the staff status at the ATCT here, or if the staffing crisis has affected Houston at all. Those are the two places i'd really like to be at.

Re: Newbie Weird Question: Anybody know any info about AUS A

Thanx alot. That's some good info to know, i'd love to be assigned to AUS but i figure the chances of it happening aren't likely. But hey, i'd settle for anything as long as i get the job.

Thanx alot. That's some good info to know, i'd love to be assigned to AUS but i figure the chances of it happening aren't likely. But hey, i'd settle for anything as long as i get the job.

You never know….. I specifically chose Texas at my first option and Colorado as my second, since TX is such a large state I had to list specific counties that I was willing to work in. I chose Tarrant, Dallas, Collin and Denton counties which makes up the entire the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. What do you know I was invited to ZFW which is in Tarrant County.

:yeahthat:it is according to how many people the faa pisses off today as to how many will retire tomorrow.

oh i thought this thread meant australia atc, lol
I hear they've got uncontrolled class A airspace during critically staffed times... kind of crazy.

oh i thought this thread meant australia atc, lol
I hear they've got uncontrolled class A airspace during critically staffed times... kind of crazy.
Hope those 8 planes down there don't find each other... :laff:

Dude.

You're going to make me change my avatar now? :)

You never know….. I specifically chose Texas at my first option and Colorado as my second, since TX is such a large state I had to list specific counties that I was willing to work in. I chose Tarrant, Dallas, Collin and Denton counties which makes up the entire the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex.

Weird. I chose TX and Colorado and the specific counties of Dallas and Tarrant for TX. I got Corpus Christi though. I didn't want a center so I put Terminal only.

Weird. I chose TX and Colorado and the specific counties of Dallas and Tarrant for TX. I got Corpus Christi though. I didn't want a center so I put Terminal only.

Wouldn't that have sucked if you got Addison.

Yes. I was hoping for Love since I believe it's an 8 right now. Corpus will be okay since it's a 9 up/down. I just need to learn Spanish.

I was afraid of getting a crap city in TX, so in the comment section I made Dallas, Tarrant and surrounding counties as my first choice, all of CO as my second choice and lastly I put any county in TX as a last resort. I figured if I was going to have to move I would rather live in CO than say El Paso. Corpus isn't to bad but you are right Spanish is a must, definitely when you come across a smuggler/ drug runner.

I was afraid of getting a crap city in TX, so in the comment section I made Dallas, Tarrant and surrounding counties as my first choice, all of CO as my second choice and lastly I put any county in TX as a last resort. I figured if I was going to have to move I would rather live in CO than say El Paso. Corpus isn't to bad but you are right Spanish is a must, definitely when you come across a smuggler/ drug runner.

Well like I said, I knew if I put TX with the DFW area number one without picking a type of facility, I would get ZFW (which I didn't want). At least in my profession everyone must speak english so that's nothing to worry about. But when I go to a drive-through in Corpus and everything is in Spanish then I'm going to be upset.

You can keeps it :)

Now you're just spooking me. Because your avatar is the one I had before this one.

You're not one of my ex-girlfriends in Seattle posing as a guy are you?:D

Now you're just spooking me. Because your avatar is the one I had before this one.

You're not one of my ex-girlfriends in Seattle posing as a guy are you?:D
Um, no. I is a d00d. This one better?

Well like I said, I knew if I put TX with the DFW area number one without picking a type of facility, I would get ZFW (which I didn't want). At least in my profession everyone must speak english so that's nothing to worry about. But when I go to a drive-through in Corpus and everything is in Spanish then I'm going to be upset.

Although I live in Arlington, Tx; I still have issues with the drive-through getting my order right. If you ask for anything specific like onions at Taco Bueno, the non English speaking employees always seem to screw it up.

Corpus isn't to bad but you are right Spanish is a must, definitely when you come across a smuggler/ drug runner.

At least in my profession everyone must speak english so that's nothing to worry about. But when I go to a drive-through in Corpus and everything is in Spanish then I'm going to be upset.

If you ask for anything specific like onions at Taco Bueno, the non English speaking employees always seem to screw it up.

Why don't you guys tell us what you really think?

Why don't you guys tell us what you really think?

Allthough John McCain is against having English as the official language he has been quoted saying "English must be learned by everybody and everybody knows that English has to be learned if anyone ever wants to move up the economic ladder".

Back