Where are all the "FEBOTS" heading?

I'm just now finding out what FEBOTS were. I'm a FEBOT headed to the potomac tracon. I requested atlanta, then anywhere in the DC-metro area since I was born and raised in DC (Go Cowboys!). But honestly, warrenton va is such a tease! only 53 miles from my boyhood home, but that's 2 hours in DC traffic. Well, atleast I can buy a nice piece of land and have a ball.

I'll be seeing you at PCT. I finally found a place in centreville, about 30 minutes away from the TRACON, but there are numerous routes, some including 66, others not. So hopefully Ill have various options in dodging traffic, though it IS NOVA, so I won't hold my breath. What is your tentative OKC start ?:rawk:

Hmm, they haven't given me my start date? When did you get yours? I went the the NYC PEPC on the 11th. I was told sometime in the new fiscal year.

Hmm, they haven't given me my start date? When did you get yours? I went the the NYC PEPC on the 11th. I was told sometime in the new fiscal year.

When I went into HR, she gave me the TOL and I right away asked her about class dates, she said she didn't think they had any then went across the room and talked to some other lady, then she came back with a paper. I believe the 2 dates were Aug 8 and Aug 26, I told her I wanted Aug 26 so she signed me up for that. It was tentative, but I hope it stands.

It wouldn't be so bad if the FAA would actually compensate folks for living there. It's absolutely ridiculous that the locality is only 13.18%....that's what I'll be getting for Wichita, KANSAS. There's a guy I used to work with who got offered ACK and he turned it down because of the cost of living. He's now going to Muskegon, Michigan.

Actually... the 13.18% is MORE than enough in Kansas... which is where I live. You can get a WICKED house brand new for $250,000 out in this state, and that includes a huge yard-- some parts of the country, like New England, that will get you a 50-75 year old house that's about as large as a shack and has a few blades of grass for a yard.

Not to mention, we get some awesome storms out here! Don't be dissin' Kansas until you experience it! :)

Actually... the 13.18% is MORE than enough in Kansas... which is where I live. You can get a WICKED house brand new for $250,000 out in this state, and that includes a huge yard-- some parts of the country, like New England, that will get you a 50-75 year old house that's about as large as a shack and has a few blades of grass for a yard.

Not to mention, we get some awesome storms out here! Don't be dissin' Kansas until you experience it! :)

Sooner's point was not that 13.18% isn't enough for Kansas... the point is that it's the same rate for ACK... not nearly enough for Nantucket.

The locality pay for ACK should be 200%. Most homes on Nantucket are well over 700k. Thats for something on the very small side. There are many more into the 10s of millions.

The locality pay for ACK should be 200%. Most homes on Nantucket are well over 700k. Thats for something on the very small side. There are many more into the 10s of millions.

Why do you think they designated it ACK, isn't that the sound you make after you see the price tag on the home ? This follows suit with those UGG boots, you KNOW what im talking about. :panic:

Nantucket Avg. listing price: $3,704,762
Avg. sales price: $2,527,326
Avg. price/sqft: $1,477
This is from a real estate website listing how crazy the houses are...

Nantucket Avg. listing price: $3,704,762
Avg. sales price: $2,527,326
Avg. price/sqft: $1,477
This is from a real estate website listing how crazy the houses are...

LOL, and the ferry is $16.50 one-way, and takes 2 hours and 15 minutes!
The FAA needs to have barracks on the airport...

I'm heading to Morristown Municipal in northern NJ, where things can get interesting due to the fact we hand-off and receive to/from NY tracon :D

I'm heading to RSW in Ft. Myers. I'm waiting on my FOL and hoping my medical stuff will clear. My tentative start date is 8/26

I received my TOL for ZME at Memphis last Tuesday. They told me to expect a school date in January, but do to budgeting it cannot be set in stone at this time. Government jargon meaning that I won't get a hard date until the 09 budget is approved.

I'm starting to get excited. ;)

Went to memphis and got TOL for Indianapolis! Please let me get a FOL!

Please!!
begging-dog.gif

I am (soon to be at least) the man from nantucket

I'm edwards friend. I almost cried when i found out i got ACK. I found out at check in at the NYC PEPC. I sneeked a peek at the check in list the lady was carrying and recognised the 3 letter code. It was the only place i didn't want.

Back