PEPC Background Interview Statement

TennisPlayer

Has anyone on here recieved a FOL after admitting to drug use (marajuana) and having to fill out a statement about it at the PEPC? I am worried about this even though it was only 3 times. I was surprised that I had to fill out a "statement". I dont even think I should have been honest. Maybe I should have said that I didn't inhale...It worked for Clinton.

Has anyone on here recieved a FOL after admitting to drug use (marajuana) and having to fill out a statement about it at the PEPC? I am worried about this even though it was only 3 times. I was surprised that I had to fill out a "statement". I dont even think I should have been honest. Maybe I should have said that I didn't inhale...It worked for Clinton.

I don't think anyone has answered honestly. Except, of course, if they were caught and are not able to hide it.

Oh wow, this is a tough one.

I've never tried illicit drugs so I was able to answer honestly...
I hope that question doesn't come back to bite you

I've heard (I'm so sick of saying that...) that any admission to drug use is an automatic disqualification. I heard it on these forums, of course. So who knows? I don't think they would have taken a statement from you regarding the issue if they had no intention of reviewing the specifics. I guarantee 9 out of 10 of the people performing your background check and hiring you have smoked pot at least once. The purpose of this process is to ensure we're responsible adults that don't abuse anything. I personally think admitting to smoking pot a couple of times shows great character. It's honesty at a great risk. So, if it was up to me you'd have a FOL in the mail. In fact.... if it was up to me we'd all have FOL's raining down from the sky.

vote for deshazo19:bandit:

I've heard (I'm so sick of saying that...) that any admission to drug use is an automatic disqualification. I heard it on these forums, of course. So who knows? I don't think they would have taken a statement from you regarding the issue if they had no intention of reviewing the specifics. I guarantee 9 out of 10 of the people performing your background check and hiring you have smoked pot at least once. The purpose of this process is to ensure we're responsible adults that don't abuse anything. I personally think admitting to smoking pot a couple of times shows great character. It's honesty at a great risk. So, if it was up to me you'd have a FOL in the mail. In fact.... if it was up to me we'd all have FOL's raining down from the sky.

vote for deshazo19:bandit:

You aren't Will the CFI are you? haha I know a Will Deshazer.

12.gif

It was 4 years ago and I read some where on the opm website that their are a lot of factors that could be taken into account such as time, number of experiences, and honesty, amoung others. I read on here of someone actually getting a possession charge but I did not catch if they had made it through. I'm hoping to find someone who had some stuff that they had to make a "statement" about who has made it through.

I can't speak to the Background for this job because it was greater than 7 years ago but I admitted to it prior to my military service and I recieved a lot higher security clearance for a certain assignment than you need for this job, so unless it went beyond simple use (I.E. sale/distribution) I would think you are fine as long as it wasn't recent.

They know nobody is perfect. They want honesty and to be confident it is something that is no longer an issue.

I was told that very minimal "experimentation" with marijuana would not be an issue, but needed to be documented nonetheless. I agree that a majority of the people who have used marijuana probably did not admit to doing so, however I feel that honesty regarding any and all matters at this point in the process is probably the best course of action. I was also told "if you're honest and you have a blemish, we can work with you. If you lie to us, there's nothing we can do." I'd rather show my maturity and honesty by admitting to something that I did years ago than gamble my future career on hoping no one finds out.

Well, if there is an issue here...you can ask yourself....

Why in the hell did I try it in the first place?

Dont you have better things to do and spend your money on? What an absolute WASTE of time and brain cells!

Dont you have better things to do and spend your money on? What an absolute WASTE of time and brain cells!

Yea... but wasting those brain cells can be so much fun sometimes! :bandit:

Besides, if you've ever... um.... what were we talking about? I forgot.

Well, if there is an issue here...you can ask yourself....

Why in the hell did I try it in the first place?

Yeah, I guess I was young and dumb. But I did manage graduate college with a chemistry degree and playing division I tennis, all while working a full-time job. I must not have lost too many brian cells.

Yeah, I guess I was young and dumb. But I did manage graduate college with a chemistry degree and playing division I tennis, all while working a full-time job. I must not have lost too many brian cells.

Maybe you should give those cells back to Brian now :crazy:

I stand corrected....Maybe just in the SPELLING department? :confused:

Except the one that enables you to spell "brain" correctly, right? :)

Edit: I guess I'm last to the dance at pointing this out.

I dont even think I should have been honest. Maybe I should have said that I didn't inhale...It worked for Clinton.

You're an idiot if you think that you should have lied. You did what you did, so be a man and face the consequences. If you learned from it, then kudos to you...but you still have to face the fact that you did it.

I don't think anyone has answered honestly. Except, of course, if they were caught and are not able to hide it.

Wrong. I and many others on this board have never tried anything illicit. As I said earlier, chalk your "experimentation" up to youthful immaturity, but many of us were able to make a judgement (even in our own youthful immaturity) not to "experiment". Contrary to public opinion, not "everyone was doing it."

Back