landing a helicopter at red lake falls!!!

TXaviator

awesome! its about time someone did it. big thumbs up to my friend that did. and a HUGE FAT TWO THUMBS DOWN to the aviation nerd who had to call and tattle on him. hey idiot, its a HELICOPTER, they can land ANYWHERE just FINE. hell, the pilot even arranged ahead of time with the tubing place and had someone on the ground walk the area he was going to land on for FOD and ensuring no bystanders came close. to the person who called to tattle: you are a huge nerd and i hope you never have a single ounce of FUN ever in your aviation career.

I want to know if he went tubing after he landed!

I assume UND didn't like this and he got in trouble?

Haha, he better come up with a good story for why he landed there.

Im guessing he is in the Army helicopter program. Hopefully they dont give him the boot for doing that.

Haha, he better come up with a good story for why he landed there.

Im guessing he is in the Army helicopter program. Hopefully they dont give him the boot for doing that.

why would he need a story? its a helicopter. its made for landing anywhere.

and no he's not army. talked to him today, said the heli guys thought it was hilarious but the anal-retentive fixed wing people were freaking out about it.

:rolleyes:

why would he need a story? its a helicopter. its made for landing anywhere.

and no he's not army. talked to him today, said the heli guys thought it was hilarious but the anal-retentive fixed wing people were freaking out about it.

:rolleyes:

If he tried landing on the "Island" in Red Lake River that must have been a sight, anywhere else around Red Lake Falls, no biggie :)

Well didnt he break some "UND" rules by landing there? Thats why I was saying he would need to come up with a good story. Albeit, its still pretty pathetic that someone would tell on him for doing something completely legal.

Well didnt he break some "UND" rules by landing there? Thats why I was saying he would need to come up with a good story. Albeit, its still pretty pathetic that someone would tell on him for doing something completely legal.

exactly. totally legal and safe.... yet some UND dork has to tattle on him.

awesome! its about time someone did it. big thumbs up to my friend that did. and a HUGE FAT TWO THUMBS DOWN to the aviation nerd who had to call and tattle on him. hey idiot, its a HELICOPTER, they can land ANYWHERE just FINE. hell, the pilot even arranged ahead of time with the tubing place and had someone on the ground walk the area he was going to land on for FOD and ensuring no bystanders came close. to the person who called to tattle: you are a huge nerd and i hope you never have a single ounce of FUN ever in your aviation career.

Probably one of the typical fat obese North Dakotan UND aviation dorks with a riced out 1991 Pontiac Grand Am who play World of Warcraft all night who tattled... :D

apparently he could be in trouble because he just went over there and didn't tell UND he was going there. like 25 miles east of where he should have been.

apparently he could be in trouble because he just went over there and didn't tell UND he was going there. like 25 miles east of where he should have been.

right. because UND would have said NO to having some fun and saying hi to a few people.

You have to understand from their perspective how they want you to be safe. I can see how some people would get their panties in a wad about something like this happening. They are the ones responsible for you and the aircraft (insurance policy) so they want to protect themselsves should something happen. Hopefully all he will get is smack on the wrist and a dont do that again finger in the face and it will be done with. All in all, he is safe, the helicopter is back in one piece, and no one got hurt.

So glad I'm out of UND...

Feels good. :)

It's not that bad. UND does have a lot of restrictions and rules but if you *accidentally* :)rolleyes:) deviate from one, as long as you didn't do something REALLY stupid then they will just tell you not to do it again. Just don't break any FARs and it's all good. You can still have fun at UND. :)

Your friend was just having some fun and good job to him for that. As for the idiot who told on him, karma will come around and kick him back in the a$$.

You have to understand from their perspective how they want you to be safe. I can see how some people would get their panties in a wad about something like this happening. They are the ones responsible for you and the aircraft (insurance policy) so they want to protect themselsves should something happen. Hopefully all he will get is smack on the wrist and a dont do that again finger in the face and it will be done with. All in all, he is safe, the helicopter is back in one piece, and no one got hurt.

i dont understand how prohibiting a normal operation of the aircraft makes it more safe. want it to be REAL safe? dont fly.

i dont understand how prohibiting a normal operation of the aircraft makes it more safe. want it to be REAL safe? dont fly.

I see what your saying but Im just looking at it from the UND peoples perspective.

Do you know what happened to him? ...If he got in trouble yet

I'm sure UND would gladly let you do it. It's all about insurance and the insurance company gets to decide what is "too high risk" and what isn't. It's not really UND's fault at all. There are a lot of student pilots and it's a relativly high risk operation in the insurance's eyes, they prohibit a lot of the stuff.

At least we can still do a lot of the stuff, I've heard of FBO's even more restrictive then UND. (ie. Can't land on grass, etc)

It sucks but insurance runs the game.

Back