New people, check this thread out

Kinda like flying around the world in a gulfstream so everyone else will stop driving cars.

Haha, good one!

But seriously, if y'all want to reduce pointless threads, then you should have made a thread that contains useful knowledge.
Such as "All newbies look here"
Which might contain: common acronyms, common questions, links to payscales and facility ratings, links to related websites and top threads, timelines for different OTS applicants, etc.

This thread sucks.

Why the search function is NOT that useful:
Search for "new pay scale", and you might get links to airline pilot, flight attendant, or CFI payscales.

Search for the meaning of "FEBOTS" and you could get hundreds of posts to dig through. Why not just ask someone what FEBOTS means?

Your results show up either in threads: now you have to dig through the ENTIRE thread to find an answer
OR your results show up as individual posts: now you have to click EACH AND EVERY match, since only the first sentence of the post is shown

Quit whining people. Yes it's annoying for people to ask a question where the answer is on another RECENT post. However, to some extent, ALL answers to ANY question are on the internet... so why not just give up and shut down this forum since the answers are 'out there'?

PROTIP:
1) Click on Search.
2) Click on Advanced Search beneath Tag Search.
3) Type in keywords to your heart's content.
4) Select specific forum to search in: i.e. "air traffic control".
5) Select sort-results type: i.e. "relevancy".

The forum is useful because while some terms, and processes remain wholly unchanged, there tend to be slight variations that we can notify one another of during each announcement. Kind of like a support system, when we're left hanging for two months.
It's still draining to give each individual person a timeline, the payscale, or to tell them what a "PEPC" is.
Big difference.

Haha, good one!

But seriously, if y'all want to reduce pointless threads, then you should have made a thread that contains useful knowledge.
Which might contain: common acronyms, common questions, links to payscales and facility ratings, links to related websites and top threads, timelines for different OTS applicants, etc.

.....drum roll people.......

HEY WHAT DO YOU KNOW I JUST STARTED A THREAD ABOUT THAT EXACT THING. AND DID IT GET A STICKY??? NOPE!!!

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

See For Youself <<<<----- click here

but I am at a loss as i've lost the ability to directly add to my definitions and terms and contribute to the original post by myself.. i'm trying to get admin or some kind of editing rights just for that one thread so I can just keep adding to it.. so.. anyone can just CLICK and find a definition right there without having to sift through pages of responses and half-witted additions. It was a legitimate attempt on my part.. wish I could do more.

STICKY MINE PLS

This thread sucks.

Why the search function is NOT that useful:
Search for "new pay scale", and you might get links to airline pilot, flight attendant, or CFI payscales.

Search for the meaning of "FEBOTS" and you could get hundreds of posts to dig through. Why not just ask someone what FEBOTS means?

Your results show up either in threads: now you have to dig through the ENTIRE thread to find an answer
OR your results show up as individual posts: now you have to click EACH AND EVERY match, since only the first sentence of the post is shown

Quit whining people. Yes it's annoying for people to ask a question where the answer is on another RECENT post. However, to some extent, ALL answers to ANY question are on the internet... so why not just give up and shut down this forum since the answers are 'out there'?
you just have to be smarter than what u are working with

Back