CFI/CFII/MEIs Jobs in San Francisco, CA

BelAirIntl08

Bel-Air International is hiring CFIs, CFIIs, and MEIs for full-time positions in San Carlos, CA. We are located just 15 miles south of beautiful San Francisco. We fly full-time, offering you a chance to build hours rapidly in some of the most complex airspace in the US. Salary is up to $3500 per month, depending on the rating, and the positions are not contractor-based.

Our school is an international school that is rapidly growing. Come join our team and experience a well maintained fleet of aircraft, great students, and a professional environment.

Minimums:
250 hours Total Time
CFI

Preferred:
CFII and MEI
50 hours Multi

Apply today to jump start your career. Give us a call at (650)596-9900 or send your resume to bel@belairintl.com.

I would be more than happy to discuss any prior experience you may have had with Bel-Air, but let's try to be professional...

We all know the general aviation industry has enough pressure and naysaying from the outside that we can't afford to have it from the inside as well. I have no idea what Diamnd15 or cfii2007 experiences were, but as I said, I'm more than happy discuss it with them. I understand people will have differences, but "STAY AWAY!!" and "look elsewhere" without amplification in a public forum is questionable...

Any questions, comments, or concerns, please PM me.

The question still remains... Why?

why...

because aviation is a small community and word gets around quick about good places to learn how to fly, and the places to stay away from. i am not just some guy saying hey don't go there because i have a grudge or some unfinished business with them. it's because I'm trying to do my part in helping the next pilot head in the right direction. I won't go into detail about everything there but go see for yourself if you dont want to take advice from someone. You might think it's the greatest place in the world...but just let time runs its course. not exactly the same thing as gojets, but for the people that don't know I'm just letting you know now. 99% percent of the people that have trained in the bay area will back me up saying this is a place to Stay Away From

plenty of other places to work at sql alone...diamond aviation, west valley flying club, and more flight schools at hayward and san jose airports

t82

icon1.gif
Re: Bel-Air Internation VS Ahart Aviation Services
If you are looking in the bay area, I recommend Nice Air at Reid Hillview. www.niceair.net. I did my commercial there and they were professional (in that they keep to what they say)
I have only heard bad things about Belair

word of mouth goes a long way...and i don't think nice air is still in business

why...

because aviation is a small community and word gets around quick about good places to learn how to fly, and the places to stay away from. i am not just some guy saying hey don't go there because i have a grudge or some unfinished business with them. it's because I'm trying to do my part in helping the next pilot head in the right direction. I won't go into detail about everything there but go see for yourself if you dont want to take advice from someone. You might think it's the greatest place in the world...but just let time runs its course. not exactly the same thing as gojets, but for the people that don't know I'm just letting you know now. 99% percent of the people that have trained in the bay area will back me up saying this is a place to Stay Away From

plenty of other places to work at sql alone...diamond aviation, west valley flying club, and more flight schools at hayward and san jose airports

This is so funny! Okay. I got it. The place is no good and I should not go there. Got it. I was not looking to go anywhere just yet anyway. I just like to stay informed in case I suddenly do have to go somewhere. But not there. Understood. 100%

When asked why not Mesa? Some will say what you say, "stay away". While others will say why. Like the days off or paid for block not block or better. They are answering the question, "Why" in more detail.

So I guess when the question was asked why, reasons as to why someone should not go there would help make the decision clear. For example: Flying on the weekends might not be ok for most people but it would be ok for me. Another example might be: because the job is salary, they work you 12 hours a day six days a week and you have to clean the planes every Wednesday. Might be ok for some, but not for me.

The question still remains, "why". Not because we should trust you and your advise from experience, (not that we don't or should'nt). Detail would be helping out your fellow pilots. Thats all. Just some examples. Why?

I did my private at Belair in the 141 program. I knew nothing when I walked in there and the owner sold me on the program. For the most part, the program was as advertised and overall I thought it was a good program. Both my ground and flight instructors were excellent and very well prepared. My flight instructor had a bit of a drill sergeant style, but overall it worked for me and his other students (very high pass rate) and my DE commented that I was very well prepared.

That said, during my time there I also heard rumblings from the various instructors. It was clear that the owner was not well liked. I pre-paid for the program, and after flying instructors would say things like "you'd better save those receipts", implying that the owner would try to rip me off. That bothered me but I didn't think much of it and as far as I know I was never ripped off. After I finished my PPL I had planned to continue renting from Belair, at least in the short term. One thing that had always really annoyed me about the place was that they had no online scheduling system. One day I called the owner to ask if they could setup an online scheduling system so I could book a flight without having to call in or drive down to the office, and he very rudely told me that if I wanted that I should join a flying club then hung up the phone on me in mid sentence. I realized then that he didn't want my business so I took my business elsewhere. Had it not been for that incident and the various comments that put doubts in my mind about the owner, I might well have done my instrument and commercial there too... instead I went elsewhere.

I did my private at Belair in the 141 program. I knew nothing when I walked in there and the owner sold me on the program. For the most part, the program was as advertised and overall I thought it was a good program. Both my ground and flight instructors were excellent and very well prepared. My flight instructor had a bit of a drill sergeant style, but overall it worked for me and his other students (very high pass rate) and my DE commented that I was very well prepared.

That said, during my time there I also heard rumblings from the various instructors. It was clear that the owner was not well liked. I pre-paid for the program, and after flying instructors would say things like "you'd better save those receipts", implying that the owner would try to rip me off. That bothered me but I didn't think much of it and as far as I know I was never ripped off. After I finished my PPL I had planned to continue renting from Belair, at least in the short term. One thing that had always really annoyed me about the place was that they had no online scheduling system. One day I called the owner to ask if they could setup an online scheduling system so I could book a flight without having to call in or drive down to the office, and he very rudely told me that if I wanted that I should join a flying club then hung up the phone on me in mid sentence. I realized then that he didn't want my business so I took my business elsewhere. Had it not been for that incident and the various comments that put doubts in my mind about the owner, I might well have done my instrument and commercial there too... instead I went elsewhere.

People do not realize the power that lack of basic customer service has on the success of their business!

I visited Bel-Air as a prospective flight school and didn't get a good gut feeling. It wasn't even the typical apathy or lack of attention you get at most FBOs, but the owner just struck me as the "pushy used car salesman" type and I didn't feel like I could trust him. Plus their prices were on the high end. This was a couple of years ago so mabye they've changed owners or your mileage just may vary.

the owner just struck me as the "pushy used car salesman" type and I didn't feel like I could trust him.

Same here. I spoke with the owner about getting my private at Bel Air. He wound up cutting me a good deal, but I did not feel comfortable with it at all. He wanted all the cash upfront. He was a very "pushy used car salesman." And quite frankly I just could not trust him.

If you want a really good first hand perspective on Bel Air, just walk into any other flight school on the field (Diamond, West Valley) and ask to speak with a former Bel Air student. Each school is loaded with people who bailed on Bel Air. I bet most of them were ripped off in one way or another. That should tell you something.

I have no ax to grind. I do not have a vested interest in other schools on the field. Both Diamond and West Valley are good operations and I am sure you would be happy at either of them. I am just trying to help out others with the same advice I would give my family or close friends. And that advice would be to stay away from Bel Air.

Same here. I spoke with the owner about getting my private at Bel Air. He wound up cutting me a good deal, but I did not feel comfortable with it at all. He wanted all the cash upfront. He was a very "pushy used car salesman." And quite frankly I just could not trust him.

If you want a really good first hand perspective on Bel Air, just walk into any other flight school on the field (Diamond, West Valley) and ask to speak with a former Bel Air student. Each school is loaded with people who bailed on Bel Air. I bet most of them were ripped off in one way or another. That should tell you something.

I have no ax to grind. I do not have a vested interest in other schools on the field. Both Diamond and West Valley are good operations and I am sure you would be happy at either of them. I am just trying to help out others with the same advice I would give my family or close friends. And that advice would be to stay away from Bel Air.

spoken from a true gentlemen...

Back