Crude OIl

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Just FYI, Crude Oil is down to 126.22 right now. I think it got pretty close to 150 as soon as 2 weeks ago.

Just FYI, Crude Oil is down to 126.22 right now. I think it got pretty close to 150 as soon as 2 weeks ago.

Just a fluke....it'll be over $400 within a year!!!!!!

Yeah, some Tuesday morning :sarcasm:

Actually, hope it keeps coming down. And while I'm at it...how about the dollar go up a bit?

That's great, but it is sad that we get excited when oil goes below $130. The damage has already been done.

Its good to see a trend down. But i remember a month or so ago it was going down then skyrocketed up in about a 2 day span. But keeeep going down!

Thats good news. However, I still think there will be an excuse to keep the pumps at $4.

:Debbie Downer music here: ;)

I can still remember when people were asking, can oil really hit $100 per barrel? What effects will it have if it does?

Now we are hoping it drops back down to $100.

Hopefully we have not become seasoned to such high prices that we revert to our old habits when gas goes back down to $3 thinking it is a bargain. I wonder how long and how much prices have to drop before we see prices at the pump fall. I am thinking some owners may keep prices high to make some profit after struggling the last year with constantly increasing costs.

I can still remember when people were asking, can oil really hit $100 per barrel? What effects will it have if it does?

Now we are hoping it drops back down to $100.

Hopefully we have not become seasoned to such high prices that we revert to our old habits when gas goes back down to $3 thinking it is a bargain. I wonder how long and how much prices have to drop before we see prices at the pump fall. I am thinking some owners may keep prices high to make some profit after struggling the last year with constantly increasing costs.

That's my biggest fear. People thinking that "OMG! $3.10 a gallon! Honey, let's go drive the SUV to the mall again!" Que cycle starting all over again.

Ford's already planning to sell some of their European models over here. Let's hope the lower price of gas doesn't de-rail the plans of bringing on hybrid/electric/low gas mileage vehicles.

When the bubble starts to pop, it's going to be "OMG! OMG! The price of oil is so low that it's not worth refining! It's going to squeeze the supply!" then POP! Back up to the mid-$100's.

Even if oil gets back to realistic price levels, we've still got to make weaning ourself off of oil (foreign or domestic) our new Manhattan Project of sorts. Having our entire economy balancing on "OMG! There's a dead walrus in the gulf, that's going to affect supply!" or "Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has a head cold!!! ZOOOOOOMG! OMG! OMG!" and the oil futures market spiking is not a sensible economic foundation for our nation.

I am so impressed that you knew how to spell Mahmoud Ahmadinejad I can't even tell you...

I may seem like a dopey airline pilot, but I have a heavy interest in foreign policy and politics. I just don't argue about it in the lav! :)

You didn't hear the news??? A dung beatle was attacked by a bee in Zimbabwe and that is expected to drive it back up again. :sarcasm:

Back