The Official 5/2 (PUB2) Geographic Preference thread

MrBucket

Had to do it....:D

Now that the testing is over, we move to the next step. If history repeats itself, we should see the email on Monday. But, realistically I would expect to see it sometime in the next 1-2 weeks.
Feel free to discuss your progress as well as the inevitable shortcomings of this part of the process. The pub1's did not have an easy time with this one....

:panic: Of course we have to have a thread for the Geo prefs!!! I think they need to call this whole process, not an application, but a patience test!

I sure hope this process keeps moving along and does not come to a screaching halt with all these other announcements popping up left and right. Patience is a virtue I guess. Just not when your biological clock is ticking down to that disqualifying age of 31.

I thought "biological clock" was an idiom that had more to deal with a woman's ability to have a child than it does with you getting job with the FAA...

Of course, that may just be me...

Yes indeed Sir. You would be correct.
It is although very frustrating to wait day in day out knowing you only have a few months left before your lifelong dream can go up in smoke.

When do you do turn 31? Im pretty sure you have to have received either a TOL or FOL (Don't remember which) before 31 and then your in the clear.

I have 7 and a half months left. I have heard that as long as you get a TOL before you turn 31 you are fine. So far use APEOTS are moving fairly quickly so as long as I pick some good locations where there is a definate shortage it should all work out.

I have 7 and a half months left. I have heard that as long as you get a TOL before you turn 31 you are fine. So far use APEOTS are moving fairly quickly so as long as I pick some good locations where there is a definate shortage it should all work out.
If they're planning on putting us through as fast as the febots, then you'll be alright.
What locations are hurting for people the most? Do we know?

Alright, lets get this thing back on track...
Where are all of you planning on putting down for your preferences???

I'm going #1-MA, and #2- RI.
# 2 could end up changing to CA at the last minute, but I haven't decided yet. I know, its a strange combo. I've wanted to move to CA, but I got a lot of kinks to work out to make it happen. Sooo.. its probably not going to.

#1 definetly GA #2 Prob.TN, maybe SC,NC,KY I just don't know which one of the last four have the biggest need for controllers. I think i am going to write in the comments that i am willing to go anywhere in the Continental U.S.

Im still a toss up for which I want to be first. I live in S Jersey, but im only 40mins away from Philly....decisions decisions

# 1 is SC
# 2 either GA or KY not sure yet.

Has anybody decided on either En-Route or Terminal yet.
I would prefer terminal but would accept En-Route as well.

I'm putting FL down as my first choice (and listing quite a few places within FL) and considering putting NJ down as a second choice. I live in NJ now but would like to move back down to FL... so I may not put NJ afterall (EWR is a little busy...)

Still hung up on Terminal vs. En route. First instinct is to list both... but Terminal would probably be a little more manageable. I've got some thinking to do!

Back