767 at 50,000 feet?

rausda27

Me thinks they need a fact checker...

A plane full of British tourists including children had to make an unscheduled stop in Bermuda last night after a drunken passenger tried to open the door when the aircraft was 50,000ft over the Atlantic.

Police boarded the First Choice Boeing 767-300 at Bermuda airport and led the man away after he had been abusive to other passengers and cabin crew.

Passenger Dominic Carman, who was taking his wife and three children on holiday to Cuba, said: 'He was clearly very drunk.

Full article here..
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...drunk-passenger-tried-open-door-50-000ft.html

It'll do FL430 in certain circumstances but 50, nooo way! :)

No, no, no, Everyone has it all wrong. It's 50,000 BRITISH feet. It's a combination of our measuring system and the metric system.

Drunk passengers attempting to open a door? Nah! Now drunk passengers, oh man, plenty!

No unruly passenger diversions, got close once though. Some nervous soccer mom decided to mix xanax, prozac and vodka into a nice calming cocktail and went batsh-- nuts on a DEN-ATL leg.

Emergencies? Oh yeah, plenty! :) Nothing since the "Hey, since we're on downwind for runway 32L, the right engine's secured and we've got a little time, I'm going to finish my egg mcmuffin real quick" a couple years ago.

Which makes me think...Doug, do you have any similar stories from one of your flights that you can share? :)

I for one am waiting for the book...or at least a few G&T's in Vegas.... :D

No unruly passenger diversions, got close once though. Some nervous soccer mom decided to mix xanax, prozac and vodka into a nice calming cocktail and went batsh-- nuts on a DEN-ATL leg.
Sounds like a good time! I'm not sure what's more hilarious, though..."batsh-- nuts" or just the mental picture of the breakdown...

Emergencies? Oh yeah, plenty! :) Nothing since the "Hey, since we're on downwind for runway 32L, the right engine's secured and we've got a little time, I'm going to finish my egg mcmuffin real quick" a couple years ago.
srsly-40514.jpg

I haven't heard this story...

Back