Benefits questions???

wve_iii

Can someone that was hired OTS answer some ?'s.

Do we get health care immediately? or do you have to wait til you pass school?

when are we convert4ed to permanent employees and not on the 13 month thing like the opening says?

same for vacation? do we earn while in OKC?

has anyone tried to get student loans while in school? Im thinking about trying this to offset my income while down there but just wondering if it worked out for anyone else?

per diem? Ive heard its a flat rate of 79.20 a day what do you have to submit on your voucher? like if you stay at like walnut gardens and only pay like 30$ a day do you still get the whole 79.20?

I've only gotten to the TOL but I did ask the HR handing me the TOL some of those questions

1. yes, you are eligible for health benifits day one in OKC while you train, but you do have to sign up for them if you want them.

2/3. yes, you are converted to permenant after OKC. They put 13 months temp so that you are eligible for the benifits and to start gaining sick/vac. time, where as if it was just a 4 month temp contract you wouldn't have any of that.

per diem? Ive heard its a flat rate of 79.20 a day what do you have to submit on your voucher? like if you stay at like walnut gardens and only pay like 30$ a day do you still get the whole 79.20?

I don't know what you put on a voucher, but I do know you will get the full amount even if you pay 30$ a day for a place like walnut gardens or any of the other FAA approved places.

I don't know what you put on a voucher, but I do know you will get the full amount even if you pay 30$ a day for a place like walnut gardens or any of the other FAA approved places.

You just need a receipt/lease from wherever you are staying that has your name on it as the lessee and that you have paid rent. When you go to the travel office you turn in your receipt and they fill out the rest of the paperwork to get your per diem. As long as you are staying in commercial lodging and you rent is up to date, you get the full $79.20/day no matter what your rent is.

Great thanks for the answers.

So i just submit a receipt. so you get 79.20/day - 2376 on a 30 day month? how long from when you start to when you get your first check?

does anyone know about the student loans?

this might sound ignorant-- but oh well, do they pay you the per diem once a week, every two weeks, or do you have to come up with the money first and get reimbursed at the end of your schooling? i'm just curious as to how much dinero i need to save up in order to survive life at OKC...

I have read that the per diem takes awhile to kick in (about two weeks or so).

I'm sure you can get a private unsecured loan as needed

Great thanks for the answers.

So i just submit a receipt. so you get 79.20/day - 2376 on a 30 day month? how long from when you start to when you get your first check?

does anyone know about the student loans?

You can turn in your first receipt for per diem 15 days after your first day in OKC. You can turn in receipts for per diem every 15 days at the earliest, or wait longer than that if you choose (if you can afford it). Depending on when you start and where it falls into the FAA's pay period it might be 2-3 weeks before you see your first payroll check, but that is separate from your per diem checks. So, it could be 2 weeks or more before you see any FAA $$ after you get to OKC, so be prepared to spend out of pocket until then.

There seems to be conflicting answers with the housing cost. I heard anything spent under 50$ is considered lost and you wont see it. If you spend 32$ on housing you dont get the extra 18$ you just get the 32$ you spent. Looking for someone actually going through it to confirm or deny this not just speculation please :)

There seems to be conflicting answers with the housing cost. I heard anything spent under 50$ is considered lost and you wont see it. If you spend 32$ on housing you dont get the extra 18$ you just get the 32$ you spent. Looking for someone actually going through it to confirm or deny this not just speculation please :)

I was told the same by my interviewer at the PEPC. I don't know who to believe!:whatever:

You get a flat $79 and some change per day. All you have to do is turn in a receipt that shows you paid rent and you get it. You could be paying $80 in rent, you could be paying $8.

If you are living with a friend or family and not paying any rent, then you get $50 per day.

Medical benefits start the first pay period after you turn in your health provider choice paperwork. So you'll have at least one week in class before your health coverage starts.

You get a flat $79 and some change per day. All you have to do is turn in a receipt that shows you paid rent and you get it. You could be paying $80 in rent, you could be paying $8.

If you are living with a friend or family and not paying any rent, then you get $50 per day.

That is not true according to the Student Services New Hire Orientation manual you have to stay in commercial lodging.
  • You will be reimbursed for the following travel expenses to attend classes at the MMAC in OKC.
    • Travel from your home of record to OKC
    • Per Diem for you living expenses during your stay in OKC
    • Travel from OKC to your home of record at the completion of training.
  • Students who do not have to travel to OKC (50 miles or less) will not be placed on travel orders and do not qualify for for travel entitlements.
  • While you are in training you will be reimbursed a fixed rate of $79.20 per day.
    • Rate based on 60% of the OKC locality rate.
    • Covers meals, lodging, local transportation, phone calls, and any other incidental expenses.
    • You will not be reimbursed for mileage or gasoline while training in OKC.
    • You must stay in commercial lodging to receive the fixed rate.
  • AT New Hire Students can submit their vouchers to the Travel office in 15 or 30 day increments.
  • Completed travel voucher must be submitted to the Travel Office for reimbursement. Do not use GovTrip to submit vouchers.
  • You must submit a Travel Voucher (SF 1012) to be reimbursed for expenses.
  • Travel questions should be directed to Dana Holliday (405-954-2695) or Michelle Beltran (405-954-7274) in the Travel Office. Do not depend on hearsay or rumor. This could impact your pocketbook!
  • WELCOME TO THE FAA! Enjoy your stay in OKC and good luck in your new career!

Hi. Here is what I know... I just got back from OKC. You get medical coverage starting as soon as you sing up for it. Usually one week after you start depending on pay date. You get paid every other other Tuesday and it runs about $10 an hour. So, if you start in the middle of the pay period, you will only get half a check on the first pay period.... Per diem is a whole different story. You have to pay for your apartment before you can voucher. So, you pay for 15 days and then you can turn in your receipt from your apartment complex for reimbursement. Sometimes you get paid in three days but sometimes it can take up to a week. You get your $79 a day no matter what as long as you have a receipt for housing. Hope this helps! :laff:

I pay $38/day and get the full $79.20 for per diem. As long as you have a receipt/lease for lodging, it doesn't matter how much you spend on it.

Attended Ft. Worth PEPC: 5/1/08
Final offer KMAF: 5/13/08

Sorry to go off-topic, but:
Only 12 days from PEPC to FOL? That could mean an FOL this upcoming week for the NY PEPC people. Perhaps terminal guys have a shorter wait than en-route... ?

Sorry to go off-topic, but:
Only 12 days from PEPC to FOL? That could mean an FOL this upcoming week for the NY PEPC people. Perhaps terminal guys have a shorter wait than en-route... ?

I would take individual time frames with a grain of salt. The FAA seems to send FOLs when they are ready, not on any sort of standard time frame. Yes, I got mine 12 days after my PEPC, but I wouldn't count on that. I've heard time frames ranging from a week to a month, so there is no telling.

Back