Emirates A380 to tour west coast

typhoonpilot

Emirates plans A380 tour of United States

The tour will give potential customers and aircraft enthusiasts in San Francisco and Los Angeles their first opportunity to see the super-jumbo, and will allow Emirates to promote direct flights from the US west coast to Dubai, which will begin this autumn.

The tour will follow Emirates' inaugural A380 flight to New York on Aug. 1. The flight will be the first commercial A380 flight to touch down in the US.

"The A380 familiarisation flights will give guests from San Francisco and Los Angeles a chance to feel and experience the new aircraft as well as learn more about Emirates' world-class amenities and comforts," Nigel Page, senior vice president of commercial operations for the Americas, said in a statement.

"The events will offer an exciting introduction to the airline in advance of our launch of services from Los Angeles and San Francisco later this year."

Emirates' San Francisco flight is scheduled for Aug. 4 out of San Francisco International Airport. Invited guests will have an opportunity to tour the aircraft, which features 489 seats in a three-class configuration (14 first class, 76 business class and 399 economy class).

The following day, residents of Los Angeles will have their own opportunity to see the A380 at the Flight Path Museum at Imperial Terminal at LAX.

Typhoonpilot

Dat sucks!:( O well, it will be comin back 3x a week so I hear, typhoon please confirm!;)

Yep, that's what I've heard. Three times weekly to JFK with the A380. Will probably go daily when they get another one or two deliveries.

No interest in flying that right now. I'm still having fun on the triple seven.

TP

Yep, that's what I've heard. Three times weekly to JFK with the A380. Will probably go daily when they get another one or two deliveries.

No interest in flying that right now. I'm still having fun on the triple seven.

TP

Good for you!:) Your an F/O right? btw there is a pics on the road section anytime you feel like taking "Doug/Citationkid" type pics of the plane and destinations you fly to!;) You know what to do:D

Matthew

Just curious, Who pays for a "jaunt around California" like this? Airbus, or Emirates? This cant be cheap to do.

I would say Emirates because they are going to do this after they receive delivery. Also I don't think that Airbus has much money or time to waste right now which is opposite to UAE which is building skyscrapers by the dozens!

Back