AE vacany/displacement bid

subpilot

Squawking 7600
The long awaited vacany/displacement bid was released yesterday for American Eagle pilots and here are a few of the high/low lights.

Boston closing as a domicile
JFK opening as a new domicile
Moving 50% of the ATRs to DFW
All SAABs going away
Not replacing SAABS in LAX
50% DFW CRJs transfering to ORD
LGA flying being reduced 30-50%

There was a total of 367 vacancies and a total of 639 displacements. This means that when the music stops playing there will be 272 pilots without a seat. Hopefully the Long term LOA and zero/part-time lines can mitigate or at least minimize any furloughs.

The long awaited vacany/displacement bid was released yesterday for American Eagle pilots and here are a few of the high/low lights.

All SAABs going away
50% DFW CRJs transfering to ORF

There was a total of 367 vacancies and a total of 639 displacements. This means that when the music stops playing there will be 272 pilots without a seat. Hopefully the Long term LOA and reduced lines can mitigate or at least minimize any furloughs.

As far as LAX are you just going to keep the few ER135/40s? I thought those were on the chopping block as well.

It looks like they are keeping all the jets in LAX. I think the 135's that are going away are coming from BOS.

All SAABs going away
50% DFW CRJs transfering to ORF

There was a total of 367 vacancies and a total of 639 displacements. This means that when the music stops playing there will be 272 pilots without a seat. Hopefully the Long term LOA and zero/part-time lines can mitigate or at least minimize any furloughs.

I think you mean ORD instead of ORF.

With any luck he's shoved OUT of the CRJ and ON TO the ERJ where he can hold a line all the time.

But after this displacement bid will that continue?

Reseve for a year and a half, like he's done, is a fate worse than death.

Stan, where does that leave you on the CRJ?
Right now, I'm number 54 of 93 FO's on the CRJ in DFW.

Of course, that's going to change. With only 39 FO's below me and 43 scheduled to be displaced......... well.... you do the math.

jtrain09 said:
With any luck he's shoved OUT of the CRJ and ON TO the ERJ where he can hold a line all the time.
I have my displacement bid in for just that scenario. Let's hope it comes true.....I'm sure I'm not the only one who's got that bid in.

Gonzo said:
Stan should be holding a line all the time now.
I am.

jtrain09 said:
But after this displacement bid will that continue?

Reseve for a year and a half, like he's done, is a fate worse than death.
Depends on how it plays out, but right now, it's not looking too favorable for me remaining a line holder on the CRJ in DFW.

And yes, I would prefer being a line holder on the EMB in DFW rather than being on reserve again on the CRJ in DFW....and I absolutely do NOT want to be based anywhere else in the system - cannot see commuting as a viable option.

subpilot said:
50% DFW CRJs transfering to ORD
Subpilot, kind of difficult to split 25 in half. ;) . But, you're right....by moving the 8 CRJ's to ORD, approximately half of the fleet will be based there..... again.

Before I got hired in March of 2006, ALL of the CRJ's had been moved to ORD....that failed. Then when I was in training, half the CRJ's were in ORD.....which didn't last either. I don't think this will lase either.....but these are much different times.

We'll see.

Funny Stan quote.

Me: "Dude! Free money!! Performance bonus check! Wahoo!!"

His reply" "Woot! Now I can buy that pack of gum I've been eyeballin"

Nicely done.

So I was eyeballing my standpoint.

If I get displaced out of DFW on the ERJ, my first choice to fall back to is ORD/ERJ.

I'm 275 out of like 340 in DFW (which includes the class 'sent home') but I'm 233rd out of something odd in ORD.

In other words, I'd get stuck commuting, but theoretically wind up bidding a better line.

The irony.

At this point, it looks like I get to keep my job. Whatever happens, I'm just glad for that.

Sidebar: Anybody else see the ATR parked in DFW yesterday? They're already testing the new runs.

Sidebar: Anybody else see the ATR parked in DFW yesterday? They're already testing the new runs.
What are they testing? The only thing I could see is configuring the parking lines and jet bridges, perhaps getting line and maintanance personnel up to speed but I sure hope they are not test flying runs.

What are they testing? The only thing I could see is configuring the parking lines and jet bridges, perhaps getting line and maintanance personnel up to speed but I sure hope they are not test flying runs.

>shrugs< I'm just parroting what I heard in that regard. They're doing something to get the operation up and running, either way. DFW used to have ATRs back in the day, so the scenario involving all-new aircraft (proving runs, etc) may or may not apply. I don't know much about that end of the biz.

The sting has to be to the Saab drivers- they parked the ATR where the Saab gang has to taxi by it every time in DFW. No avoiding it.

>shrugs< I'm just parroting what I heard in that regard. They're doing something to get the operation up and running, either way. DFW used to have ATRs back in the day, so the scenario involving all-new aircraft (proving runs, etc) may or may not apply. I don't know much about that end of the biz.

The sting has to be to the Saab drivers- they parked the ATR where the Saab gang has to taxi by it every time in DFW. No avoiding it.
Got your displacement bid in, Charlie? What's the word on the street in that regard?

I've been out of touch for about a month as I've been out on FMLA, etc.

It's looking like I will get displaced to ORD on the CRJ if my displacement bid for the EMB in DFW is denied.

Either way....good luck!

Oh...and I'm back on the 30th.

Got your displacement bid in, Charlie? What's the word on the street in that regard?

I've been out of touch for about a month as I've been out on FMLA, etc.

It's looking like I will get displaced to ORD on the CRJ if my displacement bid for the EMB in DFW is denied.

Either way....good luck!

Oh...and I'm back on the 30th.
Stan,
You know you would hold the best seniority if you displaced to the EMJ at ORD plus then you could vacancy bid back to DFW anytime. It looks like I will go to the EMJ at ORD myself. I get the benefit of choosing whatever status I want (that I can hold, of course) when I return from Military Leave at the end of the year so I get to see how this bid shakes out before I choose my poison.

just my 2 cents.

Guys good luck, ORD isn't that bad. Tell everyone to put in a displacement bid, even I have one. If anyone needs a crashpad send me a PM. The one I am in should have a opening or two.

Back