Pictures/Camera?

N519AT

Ahh! This is how I change this!
Does your job let you take pictures of aircraft while you're working?

Where I work, we can take pictures as long as there is a break in the action or whatever. I always tote my D40 to work just in case that something "cool" will come in, or the OANG F-16s will do something cool.

I'm pretty much on the same page as you, as long as I'm not currently working on something and/or it will create an awkward moment, I'll usually snap a picture. Funny thing is, I have a D40 as well, that I keep handy in my car incase something interesting arrives.

During my internship I normally had my cellphone on me for cool looking aircraft but the one time I got to refuel a Super Tucano I didnt have my cell on me. :(

During my internship I normally had my cellphone on me for cool looking aircraft but the one time I got to refuel a Super Tucano I didnt have my cell on me. :(

Sweet. Who's Tucano was it?

As for photos, I just use my cell phone and the quality is allright.

Blackwater's I was told there is only one in the country. It was pretty sweet to see up close but not like looking at one of our fighter jets up close Im sure.

I think that's one of the best thing about working where I do... We have the Military contract on the field, so anything not OANG related, comes to us. We have had CH-53s, tons of Blackhawks (imagine 5 flying in formation and having to park them at the same time with 2 people..fun), F/A-18s, F-16s, T-1s, T-6s, etc. Makes for some great pictures.

Not to mention the OANG F-16s that take off with full afterburner every single day.

Lucky lucky you. At ECG all I had was C-130s coming and going all day. Now I will say watching the Coast guard helo's do what looked like Strafing all the way down a runway and back was a bit interesting. I was told they try to recreate the aircrafts malfunctions so they can repair it.

Yeah, the F-16s are cool up until about the 2nd week. Then it just gets plain annoying. You can't hold a conversation to the person next to you for 10 seconds while they go by, and that's inside a nicely sound proofed building.

They do make for a good photo op if you're up to the loud noise.

Back