OK Pilot

propjunkie74

Looking for a corporate/charter/freight/contract pilot position in OK. Preferably in the Tulsa area, but I could commute, depending on the nature of the job. 1800TT, 750 Multi, Currently flying 135. :D

I think were still looking for chieftain pilots for some OK hick town location. Give AMF a call if your interested

The run for AMF is OKC AXS CLT OKC from Monday afternoon to Friday evening. It's a decent run with a layover in AXS. It's only about 2hrs of flying a day. It's not a time building run but its so darn easy it makes up for it.

planejay, you are hilarious!!

KLB, do you mean CLK? CLT would be awesome, but far more than 2 hours a day in anything other than an SR71 :). I have seen the chieftans sitting on the AAR ramp in OKC, but never really thought about it. Not sure if I could commute to OKC on a daily basis.

I actually got a couple of decent leads in Tulsa this morning. Both FO jet jobs. We'll see what happens with those over the next couple of weeks. I would much prefer something like a Baron/Navajo/Cessna 4XX, but now is probably not the time to be choosy.

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

Hey fellas,

I just wanted to chime in and check on the CFI market in Tulsa. I'm finishing up my CFI-SE on monday and I'll be heading back home and looking for a CFI job. Jay, am I understanding correctly that you are with RFC?

Jay is with RFC, as I used to be. They are always looking for good instructors. Just don't follow Jay's bogus employment link. Call and talk to Wayne Cothran.
Best of Luck

planejay, you are hilarious!!

KLB, do you mean CLK? CLT would be awesome, but far more than 2 hours a day in anything other than an SR71 :).

Yep I meant CLK. I don't think they got the afterburner STC's for the chieftans yet.:) I was thinking of CLT when I typed that because I was doing a flight the was scheduled to stop somewhere around there on my way to DFW from BED. I'm still a bit off because even that flight would stop in Charleston.

Looking for a corporate/charter/freight/contract pilot position in OK. Preferably in the Tulsa area, but I could commute, depending on the nature of the job. 1800TT, 750 Multi, Currently flying 135. :D

Hey propjunkie74,

I am in the same boat as you. Only difference is I am flying 121 and I want out. If you run across any good gigs in the NE Oklahoma area needing more than one pilot let me know. I will do the same. Also I have checked into the MU2 jobs and they dont base any pilots near TUL anymore. Looks like fun though.

OkieFlyer

Three heads are better than one. I'm looking every day.

TLove, I gave your resume to JT a couple of months ago, and he knew who you were from the emails you had already sent him. You should check on the dallas jobs coming up for Central Air. 2 new routes starting August 18th (or so I've heard). Then adding more routes in the near future. Let me know if I can help, or if you are still interested in working here.

OkieFlyer, what are your times? What have you flown? I have a couple of leads on Citation jobs, but they are looking for Citation type/ previous Citation time.

Oh wow, thanks alot for that. Small world isn't it. After the accident, I didn't hear anymore from him. It got me a little nervous about coming there. I'll PM you to get a little more info on how things are there if it's ok with you. Thanks!

PM me and I'll answer any questions you have. I understand being a little wary after the accident, but I can tell you with 100% certainty that it was caused by pilot action and had nothing to do with equipment or maintenance. For what it's worth.

Three heads are better than one. I'm looking every day.

TLove, I gave your resume to JT a couple of months ago, and he knew who you were from the emails you had already sent him. You should check on the dallas jobs coming up for Central Air. 2 new routes starting August 18th (or so I've heard). Then adding more routes in the near future. Let me know if I can help, or if you are still interested in working here.

OkieFlyer, what are your times? What have you flown? I have a couple of leads on Citation jobs, but they are looking for Citation type/ previous Citation time.

I dont have any Citation time. I have been flying Dash 8's for a 121 carrier for the last 2 years. My time outside the Dash is in Beech Bonanza's, Barons, and Single Cessna's. I have about 1700tt and 1400 Multi Turbine. No jet time yet, I like props more anyway. But for the right job in the right place I will fly anything.

I almost went to CASW a couple years ago. How they treating you?

Okie

First of all, the leads I have in Tulsa are both flying Citations, both wanting a Captain, and both looking for someone who is already typed. One of them has an insurance minimum of 2000 TT. Not sure about the mins for the other place.
As for CASW, it's a good place to work. You get a route, and you're on your own. Very laid back atmosphere - family oriented. The planes are older, but are maintained VERY well. Most of the employees (except pilots) have been there for 15 to 25 years. The mainenance staff works on commanders exclusively (following the Southwest Airlines concept). Also, there is NEVER any pressure to do something unsafe.
My only problem is that we lost some routes in Tulsa, so I've been on the road for a while. New routes starting up around TX and LA in the coming months, if you're are interested.

propjunkie74 said:
Does anyone have inside scoop on MU-2 Jobs?

We (air 1st) still have some guys in Tulsa for on-demand stuff. Not sure how many. I sort of doubt we're hiring right now since we just lost a route out of LIT and the pilot is "covering" and trying to scrape up on-demand stuff, but it's a small enough company that if someone in TUL quits, they'll need someone pronto. Wouldn't hurt to send a resume, anyway. www.airfirstaviation.com. Good luck.

Back