To the Capt of CHQ 6259...

FlyNavy

I chatted with you on the ramp in CHO about thrust reversers on the ERJ - it's great to see that despite the mess the industry is in, that you retain such an infectious joy for flying and have such a great outlook.

I don't post here much anymore these days since my life took a turn away from aviation but I just wanted to share a positive airline experience - best of luck to everyone in the coming months!

I figure it's like this. The industry has, for it's history, had periods of "it's the end of the world!" and "this euphoria will never end!" and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Personally? Me? I'm having a hell of of a time. Others may not be.

The grass isn't necessarily always greener on the other side. I was always envious of my wife who had a stable job in an in-demand field where each time she moved jobs, she got a phat raise, more days off and a bigger office.

Now, she's unemployed and I'm still working. How crazy is that?

I figure it's like this. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself because life goes by fast and you only get one shot at it and there are no do-overs.

I know lawyers that are financially struggling, I have a cousin who is a FP doctor who earns less than I do so what the hell... enjoy your work. And if you don't, it's only your fault if you're still in it.

I figure when it stops being fun, I'll do something else. But for the last 15 or so years of my aviation career, I've had a blast. Even the darkest days in the middle of bankruptcy, paycuts and whatnot, I'd still rather do this than sit in an office cubicle watchign digits tick up and tick down on a monitor.

But that's just me.

I figure it's like this. The industry has, for it's history, had periods of "it's the end of the world!" and "this euphoria will never end!" and the truth is somewhere in the middle.

The grass isn't necessarily always greener on the other side. I was always envious of my wife who had a stable job in an in-demand field where each time she moved jobs, she got a phat raise, more days off and a bigger office.

I figure it's like this. Whatever you do, enjoy yourself because life goes by fast and you only get one shot at it and there are no do-overs.

I know lawyers that are financially struggling, I have a cousin who is a FP doctor who earns less than I do so what the hell... enjoy your work. And if you don't, it's only your fault if you're still in it.

I figure when it stops being fun, I'll do something else. But for the last 15 or so years of my aviation career, I've had a blast. Even the darkest days in the middle of bankruptcy, paycuts and whatnot, I'd still rather do this than sit in an office cubicle watchign digits tick up and tick down on a monitor.

But that's just me.

why you gotta bring me into this? :D

seriously though, more true words could not be spoken....

But that's just me.

That's why, if you always want to have a job become a skilled salesman. No matter what, you'll always have work and money.

No questions asked.

However, I don't think salesmen have friends, only potential business contacts.

I can drink a gang of beers with my co-workers in a foreign country and never talk shop, which is nice! :)

I had an uncle that worked for "Moore Business Forms" when I was a kid. I was a total computer geek and had brough home a pack of tractor-feed dot matrix paper for a report I was working on.

Homeboy spent about an hour convincing me that I was an idiot for purchasing $10 worth of tractor-fed paper when I could have purchased the same amount of paper from him for $25 because the perforations on the tractor strips were "micro-perf" whereas the paper I bought from the local store was "MACRO-perf".

Umm, yeeeeeeeah. PDF put that guy out of business with catlike quickness!

You trying to say I have no friends?

Ok, I admit it.

No, you bonehead, but you never hang out with the PHX JC crew.

"Where's Merit"

"He didn't read the thread"

"Did (Greek Surname) say he was coming?"

"Nope"

"Hey! I did (name's) medical last week, he said he might drop by!"

So whassup man? :)

No, you bonehead, but you never hang out with the PHX JC crew.

"Where's Merit"

"He didn't read the thread"

"Did (Greek Surname) say he was coming?"

"Nope"

"Hey! I did (name's) medical last week, he said he might drop by!"

So whassup man? :)

It's something I am working on with my therapist.

Touche..

//killjoy :(

Total Buzz Killington

Buzz_%28150_x_255%29.jpg

Back