KSAT ?s

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
I know we've got some JCers down there....

Looks like I may be heading to SAT on a day business trip to see a client located VERY near the airport. So I'd like to fly it myself.

Does anyone recommend any particular FBO to use at KSAT where I can tie the plane down for the day? Anything I should know/avoid/do/not do when I fly in there?

Thanks,

Billy

Where is your client?

Million air is located on the east side of the airport, but is very hard to get to from the ground esspecially with all the construction.

Nayak is kinda getto, but probably has the cheapest prices. Located near terminal 1.

Raytheon has a nice ramp, but is hard to find from the road & probably has the most expensive prices.

Peidmont has two locations on the field, and their prices may be more reasonable.

South is right next to the terminal 2 at the base of the tower, very easy to find.

North is closer to the threshold of 12R, very near 281.

PM me if you want some SAT native, non pilot driving directions.

Where is your client?

Million air is located on the east side of the airport, but is very hard to get to from the ground esspecially with all the construction.

Nayak is kinda getto, but probably has the cheapest prices. Located near terminal 1.

Raytheon has a nice ramp, but is hard to find from the road & probably has the most expensive prices.

Peidmont has two locations on the field, and their prices may be more reasonable.

South is right next to the terminal 2 at the base of the tower, very easy to find.

North is closer to the threshold of 12R, very near 281.

PM me if you want some SAT native, non pilot driving directions.

Peidmont south is closed!
Peidmont north is prob the best option.
Nayak is not bad either, they are very close to loop 410 and the main airport entrance! Nayak is a looong taxi to 12R if that is the active, which is most of the time

Peidmont south is closed!

No kidding, that was the FBO I used to fly a 210 out of. I guess it's Landmark now, but Ground knows where you are talking about.

I guess it didn't make sense to have to FBOs from the same company on the field.

If you go to Nayak or Millionair you can request runway 3 for departure if the winds are light. SWA uses it almost religously. It will save you 15 minutes of taxi time.

You weren't flying today in a mooney, were ya mooneyguy?

There was a mooney holding behind a 152 short of 12R today when we were departing around 1:00pm.

No kidding, that was the FBO I used to fly a 210 out of. I guess it's Landmark now, but Ground knows where you are talking about.

I guess it didn't make sense to have to FBOs from the same company on the field.

If you go to Nayak or Millionair you can request runway 3 for departure if the winds are light. SWA uses it almost religously. It will save you 15 minutes of taxi time.

NO, Closed as in gone...thanks to expansion of the terminals.
You weren't flying today in a mooney, were ya mooneyguy?

There was a mooney holding behind a 152 short of 12R today when we were departing around 1:00pm.

NO, I wish. I no longer have my Mooney. I had a partner who tried landing it without the wheels. The stopping performance was great, but kinda messed everything else up! 65 hours on the engine and prop...still makes me sick!:mad:

I usually use Hawker-Beechcraft (formerly Raytheon). No ramp fees, expensive gas, free cookies/donuts/coffee.

I like Nayak, cheapest of the lot, no fees for parking airplane there and no fees for parking your car in their parking lot, plus its the closest to the airport exit (at LP 410).

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Cloud cover is too low for me to depart on time today. I can't wait until 11 am, which is when it's earliest forecast to lift enough. Stupid BKN layers at 900 and 1500 AGL.

If nothing else, this illustrates the importance of earning an instrument ticket. I need to get started on that, and soon.

Guess I'm driving to SAT today, and yes, I am pouting about it.

Seems to always be lousy wx in the morning at SAT. Whenever I get there, I end up shooting an approach. I shot an approach to the lowest RVR in my career at SAT about 8am one day.

Seems to always be lousy wx in the morning at SAT. Whenever I get there, I end up shooting an approach. I shot an approach to the lowest RVR in my career at SAT about 8am one day.

Seems to be a summer thing in s. central texas. AUS had decent visibility but low clouds this morning, too.

Between that and my bricked iPhone I'm having a fairly lousy day.

Back