Weird News of the Day..

CirrusDriver

Strange...

Ticks on a plane: Denver to Des Moines flight delayed

DES MOINES (AP) — Some wayward ticks delayed a United Airlines flight from Denver to Des Moines.
Flight 1178 was delayed for nearly six hours on Tuesday after a passenger informed a flight attendant that she found a tick in economy class during a flight from Washington, D.C., to Denver.

The airline decided it couldn't fly the plane until it was cleaned of ticks, so passengers had to wait while another plane was flown from Colorado Springs to Denver. The flight was further delayed because of thunderstorms in the Denver area.

United spokeswoman Robin Urbanski said between one and three ticks were discovered. Urbanski said the airline hasn't figured out how the ticks got on the plane or what type of ticks were found.

"I don't know if we'll be able to find that out," Urbanski said. "When possible, we do try to look into those type of things, and hopefully try to look for its origin."

The plane with ticks had begun its day in Chicago. It was cleaned of ticks, checked and put back into service.

No ticks were found on passengers.

Ticks can pass along a number of illnesses to humans, including Lyme disease.

If you allow pets on a plane you can have ticks on a plane. I was on a flight 3 weeks ago where a woman took her dog out of its carrier and it barfed which delayed the flight for 30 minutes for the clean up.

"I am tired of all these gosh darn ticks, on this gosh darn plane!"

Attachments

• snakesonaplane_scare125b.jpg
    snakesonaplane_scare125b.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 122
On a serious note - slightly related. Us older guys&gals remember TWA flight 847, a B727 hijacked by terrorist d!#$bags in 1985 and held on the tarmac in Lebanon for 2 weeks. It ended up back in Kansas City at the TWA overhaul base. My Dad was a mechanic there at the time. I recall him telling me that it had to be completely gutted because it was totally infested with fleas and other bugs & parasites. Yuk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TWA_Flight_847

Back