August 19th En Route OKC

ZAB bound

So I am OTS headed to OKC (eventually ZAB) for an August 19th class. I know I will be taking the basics and such, but does anyone know how long I'll be in OKC for? I'm just trying to figure out where I'll spend my holidays this year. Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

I'm heading out there as well. We will spend about 4-4 1/2 months out there. I'm heading to ZAU (Aurora En Route) after this.

My OKC class date is August 4th. I was selected for the TRACON in Elgin, IL. I believe its C90???
On my FOL letter, it stats that I will be at OKC for little over month and a half.
The basic course is approx. 28 days and after that I will be taking Terminal course for 9 days.
I asked Brenda if that is all of my training, and she confirmed it.
Does this make sense?
Most people are saying they will be there for 3 - 4 months.

This is off my FOL letter from Ms. Breda Rogers:

"You are required to attend basic air traffic training at the FAA Academy located at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, beginning 8/4/2008. Classes will be in session for approximately 25 classroom days. Then you will immediately continue at the FAA Academy beginning 9/8/2008 and attend Intro to Radar Control, which is approximately 9 classroom days."

My OKC class date is August 4th. I was selected for the TRACON in Elgin, IL. I believe its C90???
On my FOL letter, it stats that I will be at OKC for little over month and a half.
The basic course is approx. 28 days and after that I will be taking Terminal course for 9 days.
I asked Brenda if that is all of my training, and she confirmed it.
Does this make sense?
Most people are saying they will be there for 3 - 4 months.

Sounds about right, training for TRACON is much shorter in OKC and you will not have a PV at the end.

This is off my FOL letter from Ms. Breda Rogers:

"You are required to attend basic air traffic training at the FAA Academy located at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, beginning 8/4/2008. Classes will be in session for approximately 25 classroom days. Then you will immediately continue at the FAA Academy beginning 9/8/2008 and attend Intro to Radar Control, which is approximately 9 classroom days."

That's strange, cause I'm training for an en route facility as well and also start August 4th, but I will have an additional 18 classroom days after those 9 Intro in Radar Control sessions. I'm still no where near 3 or 4 months training time, but it's a solid 2 and a half months.

"You are required to attend training at the FAA Academy located at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, beginning August 19, 2008. Classes will be in session for approximately 87 classroom days."

That's out of my FOL. I should add I'm OTS and En-route just like the op, maybe you guys are special.

Not that kind of special, the nice kind of special.

That's strange, cause I'm training for an en route facility as well and also start August 4th, but I will have an additional 18 classroom days after those 9 Intro in Radar Control sessions. I'm still no where near 3 or 4 months training time, but it's a solid 2 and a half months.

DHawk

I'll see you there on August 4th.
I cant wait to start training!!!

I am going Aug 19th too. Anybody find housing yet? I have a 2 bedroom at Spanish Gardens starting Aug 21st. Looking for a roommate.

Back