A job in Alaska

Yeah, I saw your Dir of Ops at Arctic Thunder on Sunday and picked his brains a little. Very, very tempting. Tell me, how was the FO upgrade?

Looks like a fun job....how is the QOL there?

Respectable. I live in Anchorage and I get to spend at least a portion of every night at home. Seriously though its not a bad job for getting experience and building Alaska time.

Yeah, I saw your Dir of Ops at Arctic Thunder on Sunday and picked his brains a little. Very, very tempting. Tell me, how was the FO upgrade?

The toughest thing about the FO upgrade was learning how to fly an airplane again after not being in a pilot seat for 6 months other than that it was great ;) The upgrade times obviously very from class to class.

Yeah, from what the DO said, 14 days off a month, CASS, etc, very tempting. I've had a few friends (including a former Evert's FE) recommend looking elsewhere for a job that includes turbine time, but yeah.

Hmmmm........

How was the FE school?

Yeah, from what the DO said, 14 days off a month, CASS, etc, very tempting. I've had a few friends (including a former Evert's FE) recommend looking elsewhere for a job that includes turbine time, but yeah.

Hmmmm........

How was the FE school?

I'd recommend getting a job that is turbine time also. I wish I got 14 days off a month but it seems to be more like 12 a month or less. The benefits suck if you have a family. Its close to $1000 a month to add a spouse and children to the insurance but the company does pay the employee premium.

Am I missing something important, or is it weird that PIC time in a 9,000 lb Caravan is worth more than PIC time in a 105,000 lb multi-crew DC-6?

Its not, anyone who says it is is deluding themselves. SIC time in the six is worth more.

Its not, anyone who says it is is deluding themselves. SIC time in the six is worth more.
Who said anything about Caravan time? While you may be right that SIC time in the 6 probably has more value than PIC in the Van, I was referring actually to turbine multi time, which is in pretty short supply at Evert's.

Back