Resignation

Status
Not open for further replies.
EEesh..

And that comes from someone with gobs of experience... military even! I've met a lot of controllers, and it seems that there's no gray area... they're either extremely pleasant people, or have a half-dead aura about them, like the job has squeezed them dry.

I suppose a lot of the environmental aspect has to do with your fellow controllers, but I would not know.

EEesh..

And that comes from someone with gobs of experience... military even! I've met a lot of controllers, and it seems that there's no gray area... they're either extremely pleasant people, or have a half-dead aura about them, like the job has squeezed them dry.

I suppose a lot of the environmental aspect has to do with your fellow controllers, but I would not know Has alot to do with the volume of air traffic your working, how much mandatory overtime you're working, and how you deal with the stress. And the half-dead aura and pleasant nature really varies day to day, one day my dad will be all goofy and fun like he was prior to the new contract and some days he'll bite you're head off for talking to him(same goes for my boyfriend(ZTL) and most other controllers I know).

Oh I'm sure you spent your military career with your nose in the .65. You can't pull the wool over my eyes. I can put a few words on a piece of paper and make myself look like a sad sap too. So why couldn't you duke it out like 99% of the other trainees again? Because of what a facility manager said to you? ATL, I hope you post my resignation letter in a year or so. I will make it far more dramatic and outreaching than that pulp piece of crap. It will win a pulitzer when I am through with it. Maybe they will even turn it into a screenplay and cast Patrick Stewart as my character. He may even say "engage", but I can only hope.

Oh I'm sure you spent your military career with your nose in the .65. You can't pull the wool over my eyes Obviously the FAA already has. I can put a few words on a piece of paper and make myself look like a sad sap too. So why couldn't you duke it out like 99% of the other trainees again? I'm curious as to where you get your numbers since current trainees are leaving in droves. Check your facts before you post some idealistic "the FAA isn't that bad" tripe. This letter is simply one of many like it. Just had two guys at ZTL finish their R-school, two positions away from being fully checked out, for some of the same reasons listed in this letter. Because of what a facility manager said to you? ATL, I hope you post my resignation letter in a year or so. I will make it far more dramatic and outreaching than that pulp piece of crap. It will win a pulitzer when I am through with it. Maybe they will even turn it into a screenplay and cast Patrick Stewart as my character. He may even say "engage", but I can only hope Take his advice for what it's worth, he's actually pretty good at giving it. Get off your high horse and listen, which is half the problem with new hires, they all think they know better.

I'm sure for all the bad stuff you read/hear about, you can find just as much good stuff...

I am generally not a naysayer, but I would challenge you to go out and find the above-mentioned good stuff and post it here. Good luck:laff:

Chris

Granted the FAA has problems right now and some facilities are worse than others but most of the trainees I've read about on the NATCA board are resigning due to pay. This person is resigning due to a negative attitude??? Every job I've ever held there have been negative people around me and I expect that will never change. The "me generation" needs to saddle up stop complaining. I agree with AFTOFAAATC, I smell a potential washout that was advised to "resign" so they could get another shot at a lower level facility.

HD

First of all let me say that what has happened with the contract negotiaitions isnt fair, and I think that it should be fixed. I also think that it can make your work environment a little stressfull, ok ok maybe a lot stressfull. And im sure it really sucks. with that bieng said, I think the resignation is also a bunch of BS. I have a family to support and to do that I have to have a job. No matter what job I have had or will ever have there will be crap like this to deal with. The stress of the job itself is one thing, but if you cant deal with stuff like this then your gonna be bouncing around jobs your whole life. Granted management for the Governement can tend to be a little more messed up than private industry but trust me that is a very small amount. Ive worked for both and have seen how stupid both can be, it is just something you have to deal with. If you have what it takes to check out and can do the job and you resign over this ######## then you are a moron. maybe a job at mcdonalds will be a little less stressfull for you because they have no union, and you wont have to worry about it.

Oh I'm sure you spent your military career with your nose in the .65. You can't pull the wool over my eyes. No wool over my eyes, I am going into this knowing fully of what bad apples there are and generally have learned how to avoid them. I read the opinions and speculation about the FAA all over the internet and take them for what they are worth. You should try working for a government agency (one department particularly), where you can't resign if a big bad manager or trainer makes you feel bad, but have to suck it up and go home with your tail between your legsI can put a few words on a piece of paper and make myself look like a sad sap too. So why couldn't you duke it out like 99% of the other trainees again? Ok so my statistics are a little skewed (I fabricated 99%) and I am sure it is probably lower than that but not considerablyBecause of what a facility manager said to you? ATL, I hope you post my resignation letter in a year or so. I will make it far more dramatic and outreaching than that pulp piece of crap. It will win a pulitzer when I am through with it. Maybe they will even turn it into a screenplay and cast Patrick Stewart as my character. He may even say "engage", but I can only hope. Ok maybe I should have used the :sarcasm: here. I respect everything this person says and am entitled to be a smart ass every once in a while. I have tried and cannot hurt his feelings. :sarcasm: By the way, it will probably be my termination letter that gets posted on here.

Let me ask you this sub-stnd-phrslgy-grl, do you WORK for the FAA? Think I remember in an earlier post you were an ATC intern. What is that exactly? Seems to me like you are the one on the high horse preaching nothing but negativity against your future (possibly current/former?) employer.

HiDef, I'm sure you know what I'm talking 'bout! Amen brother.

Let me ask you this sub-stnd-phrslgy-grl, do you WORK for the FAA? Think I remember in an earlier post you were an ATC intern. What is that exactly? Seems to me like you are the one on the high horse preaching nothing but negativity against your future (possibly current/former?) employer.

In case you haven't put 2+2 together yet, her father is ATL. I'm pretty sure she has a good understanding of what's going on having seen and heard the daily goings on from him.

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this place is a den of negativity at times...

"You should try working for a government agency (one department particularly), where you can't resign if a big bad manager or trainer makes you feel bad, but have to suck it up and go home with your tail between your legs"

:yeahthat: 12 hour ATC days in Iraq, mortars constantly (the tower is used as a reference point, lucky us), no replacement in sight and it's Christmas! FAA wins.

Let me ask you this sub-stnd-phrslgy-grl, do you WORK for the FAA? Nope, lived under their bull**** for 20 years Think I remember in an earlier post you were an ATC intern. What is that exactly? Working 5 days a week (plus whenever I get to work the mid at A80 with my dad) at ATL watching Seems to me like you are the one on the high horse preaching nothing but negativity against your future (possibly current/former?) employer. Not on a high horse, the things I'm saying I've seen and experienced, what experience do you have dealing with the FAA, besides this screwed up hiring process? I'm sure you'll be able to avoid those "bad apple" managers when they're yelling at you to go home, change your clothes because they're "too bright" (happened at ZTL yesterday), and come back. Come back when you have some basis for your positivity about the FAA.

In case you haven't put 2+2 together yet, her father is ATL. I'm pretty sure she has a good understanding of what's going on having seen and heard the daily goings on from him.
And even with her insider knowledge, and all the negativity she expresses, she's willing to put herself into the same situation we're in. I see that as an endorsement of our ATC career choice. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back