Piedmont Airlines is Hiring

Ya, but with the unfortunate availability of more expierienced pilots, mins go up. It is a good place to work. Seems to be one of the most stable places to be right now. Lots of flying, operating 54 of our 55 planes. Good first year pay, 26.35/hr, and like I said...lots of flying.

Matt,

What is your source? I know their website says they will be hiring, is that where you got it from. Is this because of reduction of Colgan flying?

Good news that someone (one of few) is still hiring. Anyways good luck to all of those who apply.

The website, climbto350, an instructors mouth. All pretty reliable. The same instructor told us (while in the jumpseat) about the Colgan reductions a few weeks ago and seems pretty confident we'll be getting those Horizon 200's. The differences training is supposedly all set up online and ready to go. We're increasing our block times every month. I think this could really be a great place to be if LCC survives.

Well with the Colgan reduction that would mean a PDT gain. A moving of flying to a wholly own..... Weird how the other one Furloughs and the one with props expands more.... But it would appear they are indeed going to be hiring.

I would just like to say that I am not at all happy about the Colgan furloughs. I don't want anyone to think that what I am saying is in any way meant to be a slap at colgan pilots.

I would just like to say that I am not at all happy about the Colgan furloughs. I don't want anyone to think that what I am saying is in any way meant to be a slap at colgan pilots.

UsAir didn't take the flying away from us, we dropped it. Due to the agreement we have with usair we can't make money off of these routes but PDT can. Everyone has to do what they gotta do to survive.

-Rob

Piedmont at the moment is just hiring into a pool like everyone else. I interviewed with them early May, late April. They stuck me into a pool and said expect a class date in September.

Now the September part still seems to be holding true, as we have gotten a couple of updates, but the downside is one of those updates said that the pool was basically stuffed.:(

But their min's on their own website still say 500 TT and 50 ME, so might as well toss in resumes until they get sick of reading them.

They just are not actively hiring into any classes, I didn't want people to have that illusion.

Nightlife,

If PDT is hiring the ppl in the pool now will get a class date for sure. They already have 30+ ppl in the pool. We also need to keep an eye on what is happening with Mesa, that can impact PDT in a huge way

Jeremy-

Yup, my hours are all Parker P-51! Heck, while I'm at it I should probably just make it 1200TT so I can have 135 IFR mins!

I'm just hoping for the best for the entire industry, though the outlook is certainly not good.

Matt,

When is the flying suppose to start? Oct or Nov? I was told it is safe to expect a sept class date...

I believe we start increasing our LGA service in september. It is pretty clear something is in the works here. We have never been properly staffed and we are heavy on FO's now and we are hiring and about to run classes. Attrition is very low.

Back