Calling all penny pinchers...

mateo

I've been invited to interview in Chicago in August for ATC. Rumor is, the site will be near ORD. I've searched the big travel sites, as well as airlines' sites. Does anyone know of lesser known travel sites out there that gives pretty good deals. Anyone want to sell me some buddy passes? Thanks for any info.

I've been invited to interview in Chicago in August for ATC. Rumor is, the site will be near ORD. I've searched the big travel sites, as well as airlines' sites. Does anyone know of lesser known travel sites out there that gives pretty good deals. Anyone want to sell me some buddy passes? Thanks for any info.

Selling a buddy pass will get an employee fired.

Asking if someone would give you a buddy pass is the preferred way to request that..... ;)

Selling a buddy pass will get an employee fired. Asking if someone would give you a buddy pass is the preferred way to request that.
That makes sense I guess. Well, I'm not gonna ask for a buddy pass, nor would I accept one for free. Thanks for that though.

I'll betcha the difference between a buddy pass and a ticket purchased with some advance notice isn't that significant.

Plus, if you've gotta be somewhere... GOTTA... Buy a ticket.

I'll betcha the difference between a buddy pass and a ticket purchased with some advance notice isn't that significant.

i just flew from RIC to OKC for 60$.....try finding a ticket to purchase for that cheap

i just flew from RIC to OKC for 60$.....try finding a ticket to purchase for that cheap

The airlines have been raising the fees for the buddy passes.

Also he means that if you NEED to be somewhere at a certain time you NEED a ticket, standby doesn't always get you to where you are going on time.

The airlines have been raising the fees for the buddy passes.

Also he means that if you NEED to be somewhere at a certain time you NEED a ticket, standby doesn't always get you to where you are going on time.
i just planned on getting out there a day early, and split the hotel with another person who was going out there as well. subtract the bar tabs and i spent about 150 for flight, food, hotel, and cab to/from the location

:yeahthat:

Last year, I had a very good friend who needed to get down to her father's funeral, and I called and texted a bunch of people here who have access to buddy passes.

Know what every single one of them told me?

"Are you ####ing insane? She just lost her father and you want to subject her to the stress of dealing with a buddy pass? What is wrong with you?"

:yeahthat:

Last year, I had a very good friend who needed to get down to her father's funeral, and I called and texted a bunch of people here who have access to buddy passes.

Know what every single one of them told me?

"Are you ####ing insane? She just lost her father and you want to subject her to the stress of dealing with a buddy pass? What is wrong with you?"

Yup. I was one of them :)

And you know what? It's true!

If you're going somewhere important that has a defined schedule and consequences if you don't make it, like a wedding, funeral, cruise, interview, etc..... Buy a ticket, and get there the day before. Seriously. That allows for weather or maintenance delays, ground stops, and just about any other delay that can be thrown at you.

Non-revving is stressful. Seriously.
it deffinately isnt what it used to be. with all the cutbacks and whatnot. ive always used it to go see family, never tried to go on an actual vacation to a popular tourist location. ive always been afraid to get stuck there.

Back