Cessna 401/402 Aerial Survey Pilots (Home Based)

TripleSticks

Guys/Gals,

I've posted a job below with the contact info for the CP. I'm more than happy to walk the qualifying resumes in to his office and if I do that they will definitely get looked at. I've helped quite a few people get in the door. If you want me to walk in your resume just send me a PM and I'll give you my email address. I'll only walk in resumes for people who have the appropriate experience. You don't have to nail the times on the nose but if you're just out of school or something like I won't be able to help. I'm not a miracle worker. haha.

Thanks,
John

Cessna 401/402 Aerial Survey Pilots (Home Based)

Company: 3001 Inc.

Location: Peachtree City, GA. Pilots do not need to live in the area.

Required Travel: Extensive travel required

Job Type: Full time salaried pilot with benefits.

Description:
Pilots needed for rapidly growing aerial surveying company based just south of Atlanta, Ga. Job requires extensive travel to all parts of the United States as well as some travel out of the country. Pilot must be able to operate the Cessna 401/402 in a single pilot setting and fly precise lines for the mapping equipment. It is also necessary to be able to get along with co-workers, FSS, and ATC. Flexibility and adaptability to changes are a part of the job and must be handled with ease. Normal schedule is 20 days on and 10 days off.

Pilots receive a competitive salary with full benefits (401k, Insurance, PTO etc.). Prior mapping experience is highly desirable but not necessary.

Requirements:
Fixed Wing Commercial Multi-Engine Rating. IFR Current.
Minimum open insurance requirements: 2000 TT/1000 ME.
We will consider pilots with 1000 TT/500 ME.

Contact Information: Matt Boone mboone@3001inc.com

Preferred Response Method:
Please send a resume and short cover letter with your contact information to both email addresses listed above. Your resume can be in word format or just pasted in to the email. We will contact you for an interview.

I'd be very interested in this if they would consider me at 600TT/ 400 Multi. Guessing the 1000TT is an insurance cutoff, however.

what about 1200TT, 200ish turbine multi, 65ish turbine multi PIC, 15 hours Cessna 421 experience, 200 hours of Aerial mapping experience?

Pay? I just moved to RDU. Love it. 121 for now, looking to get out. For good.

I don't have specifics on starting pay but I can make an educated guess. Starting pay for flying the C-402 is probably somewhere between 40k and 45k. Depending on experience. But I'm not 100% sure about that. Also remember that you're getting per diem while you're on the road. That adds up in 2 ways (the way I look at it). You're getting paid to eat while you're working and you're not paying for food at home.

Wheelsup. What part of the area did you move in too? I love it as well.

I'd be very interested in this if they would consider me at 600TT/ 400 Multi. Guessing the 1000TT is an insurance cutoff, however.

Patrick. 600/400 might work if you have a significant amount of time in a C-402 or a significant amount of time surveying. If not you're resume will definitely fall to the bottom of the pile. But.... it never hurts to try. The worst they can say is no.

Is it normally 20 days on in a row? And will you be on the road during that whole time? This sounds very interesting.

Is it normally 20 days on in a row? And will you be on the road during that whole time? This sounds very interesting.

Yes. We're on the road for 20 days straight almost every rotation. There is the odd time where the planes are all covered at the beginning of your rotation and you'll be left home for 2 or 3 days. If that is the case then you just work the remaining 17-18 days of your 20 day rotation and then come home. The rotation is pretty much set in stone once they get you scheduled so you know exactly when you're on and off of work.

For jobs out of the country they may ask (or you can volunteer) if you would like to work a longer rotation. You're free to say no because usually someone is happy to jump on the opportunity. We just had some of the guys happily work long rotations because they were in the Caymen Islands soaking up the sun and drinking frozen foo foo drinks. At least that's what it looked like to me.

You also get PTO days and floating holidays that you can take as well. I recently took 13 days off (10 plus 3 days PTO) so that I could be home for my birthday. When I went back on rotation I only had to work 17 days before I went back home because I use 3 PTO days.

Also... count on being on the road 100% of the time unless you live close to FFC (where the flight department is based). Pilots who live there occasionally work out of FFC for local jobs.

I recently got to spend some time with a group of guys that came to Iowa in a 402. Brian, Big John, Matt and Cristian from the ATL area. Do they work for this company??

I recently got to spend some time with a group of guys that came to Iowa in a 402. Brian, Big John, Matt and Cristian from the ATL area. Do they work for this company??

Depends on how recently it was. There's a Brian that left to fly Hawkers about 9 months ago. Matt is the CP so that's a possibility, I don't know a Big John and there was a Christian that has been gone for over a year.

I suppose it's possible because I don't know all of the pilots but if it was recently then it might not have been us.

Thanks for the info! It is much appreciated.

Anyway we finally settled on the NE side, off Louisburg Rd, a little outside 540.

I'm down south of Apex. My better half is a horse doc so we have to be out in the country a little bit. It's a great place to live though.

You stated that they will consider 500 ME time, do you know if they will lower (and by how much) that if you have a lot of experience and time with aerial surveing.

How many flying hours in a typical month? I'm working up my resume this weekend. Will PM when done. Thanks for the info.

I'm down south of Apex. My better half is a horse doc so we have to be out in the country a little bit. It's a great place to live though.

Yeah but these fire ants are killing me!! I eat and then come back 3 minutes later to find a colony in my living room.

Yeah but these fire ants are killing me!! I eat and then come back 3 minutes later to find a colony in my living room.

Humm.. I don't have much trouble with the fare ants in my neighborhood. I must just be lucky. They were all over the place when I lived in the Atlanta area.

You stated that they will consider 500 ME time, do you know if they will lower (and by how much) that if you have a lot of experience and time with aerial surveing.

Worm,

If you're less than 500 multi then you will need to have a significant amount of whatever twin time you do have in the Cessna 400 series or some other cabin class twin. It doesn't hurt to throw in a resume though. Just realize that without the twin time it will drop below all the guys that do have a lot of that time. But... the surveying experience is a plus. So you never know.

How many flying hours in a typical month? I'm working up my resume this weekend. Will PM when done. Thanks for the info.

Flying time per rotation all depends on weather, which sensor your flying and if the plane or sensor needs maintenance. I've flown as many as 100 hours in a rotation and as few as 10. Usually you can count on more hours in the winter months and a lot less in the summer because of the clouds. I just looked at my log book and I flew 465 hours in the last 12 months. I did take some time off in the last year though. The year before I flew a little over 500 hours.

This isn't a time building job. If that's what you're looking for then Matt won't be interested in hiring you. He wants people who like the job and want to stay for a long time. And... there are times when you won't get a ton of hours. Of course, if you're on Lidar you will get lots of flight hours.

Guys,

The CP has hired 2 pilots that started yesterday. He's still accepting resumes but he's not going to hire anyone else until he sees how the new guys do and how the schedule shakes out when they get going.

I do believe we will hire at least one more pilot (maybe 2) because we found out yesterday that one of our pilots finally got called in to work for ATC so he's leaving. He's a guy that had been working here for almost 4 years.

One of the hired pilots came from Jetcareers and the other was from climbto350.

I'll keep answering questions and forwarding resumes. I'll also let you know when we definitely start hiring again.

John

Back