Bob Crandall Quote from lastest Aviation Week Magazine

Trip7

June 16th, 2008 issue p. 62

The carriers need help in curbing labor costs. No airline can endure a strike, and will yield to labor's demands. The result has been labor rates and work rules far more generous than those for comparable skills in other industries. Since strikes against transportation and utilities are contrary to the public interest, the Railway Labor Act should be amended to require binding arbitration.

Excuuusee me.....

So, I wonder what other job operates multi-million dollar pieces of equipment that have the capability to kill a couple hundred people if improperly operated or maintained......

<expletive deleted> Crandall. He's still the same arrogant prick he's always been.

So, I wonder what other job operates multi-million dollar pieces of equipment that have the capability to kill a couple hundred people if improperly operated or maintained......

<expletive deleted> Crandall. He's still the same arrogant prick he's always been.

I find him to be pretty accurate on most points.....but the above statement.....waaaaay out in left field.

Crandall's statement was out there or mine was?

I have agreed with Crandall on a few things.

But he has a vicious hatred of labor. Which is odd because it's labor who actually makes/made his business run.....

Crandall's statement was out there or mine was?

I have agreed with Crandall on a few things.

But he has a vicious hatred of labor. Which is odd because it's labor who actually makes/made his business run.....

Crandall's statement....and yes, he is very anti labor.

Funny thing is, I said the same things months ago. Although the current pay rates are starting to rub up against what I would consider market rates. Unfortunately, the same union principles that allowed for the high pay will also allow for the low pay. The senior pilots still have decent schedules for the money they make. They will take a pay cut because starting over at the bottom of another carrier is even more costly, in money and time.

Back