NY ARTCC anyone going here???

NY ATC

I currently got accepted to work in ZNY. Right now the dates for PEPC in NY are july 7 and july 8, due to my current work schedule it does not look good for me getting any of those dates off (but thats my problem). I'm really not sure if I want to start my ATC career in ZNY i heard the training is very intense and the burn out rate is extremely high..Does anyone have insight into this...Has anyone else got acceptted to ARTCC in NY please get back to me

I currently got accepted to work in ZNY. Right now the dates for PEPC in NY are july 7 and july 8, due to my current work schedule call in sick, if this is your career path it does not look good for me getting any of those dates off (but thats my problem). I'm really not sure if I want to start my ATC career in ZNY i heard the training is very intense all training is intense and the burn out rate is extremely high..Does anyone have insight into this...Has anyone else got acceptted to ARTCC in NY please get back to me

You should be fine in the ARTCC environment.

I am in OKC training right now, my roommate is going to NY Center, if you have any specific questions I may be able to get answers for you. Most people here in OKC have very limited knowledge of the facility that they are going to, you will probably get better answers from a CPC at NY Center. ATLtracon is absolutely right about the training, it will be very hard, but very possible.

Back