Note to self...

Seggy

DO NOT touch the cockpit escape hatch, AT ALL, on any airplane unless you want mechanics to use nasty four letter words to describe you.

...or about six of them walk out, one's shaking his head, and the other ones won't even make eye contact.

Been there... Done that... Even got the flight kit sticker! :)

UH OH, Mark....I take it you've become "THAT GUY." :buck:
Guess from now on I'll have to deny even knowing you. :p :D ;)

Some of us know the truth.... SOME OF US KNOW THE TRUTH!! :)

Hey, that escape hatch provides decent ventilation during boarding when you have a deferred APU! :)

I don't know commercial systems, but on the herks, the FD hatch is almost ALWAYS off, because AZ sucks.

Walking onto your F-100 at 5am in BNA, finding an avionics box sitting on the counter in the F/C galley, rubbing your eyes and turning to see a mechanic's butt sticking out of the cockpit.

Me: "Um, so, is it bad that this nice shiny black box with lots of pretty wires sticking out of it is sitting here in the galley instead of being there in that panel where it belongs?"

Mechanic belonging to said butt sticking out of the cockpit: "yup"

Me: "So it's gonna be a while"

Mechanic: "yup"

Me: "Ooooookay"

Agent that had suddenly appeared behind me: "So can we board?"

Mechanic: "I wouldn't recommend it"

That was a fun morning.

Thankfully the old crew lounge was still there from when AA had a crew base in BNA. So we found some nice cozy recliners to snuggle up in. Kind of eerie though, a nice, big airy crew lounge, and barely a person in sight....... ghost-town-ish.

That mechanic must still work in BNA. About a year ago we showed up at the plane at 6 in the morning only to find the captain's yoke assembly was missing and this guy in a mechanic shirt was sitting in the FO seat with wires and stuff spread all around him.

My captain (a rather bright guy): Is it broken?

Mechanic: Yep.

The Captain: Do you know what's wrong?

Mechanic: Yep.

Captain: Well?

Mechanic: It's broken.

Captain makes some sort of sound of defeat and walks away.

Segs,

You haven't been in that plane a whole week yet and you're already getting into trouble.:sarcasm::)

DO NOT touch the cockpit escape hatch, AT ALL, on any airplane unless you want mechanics to use nasty four letter words to describe you.

It's the stupidest escape hatch ever on the Q huh Seggy? You can vent, but not open. I opened it once, and its hard to put back in. The mechanics have to come in with screwdrivers and flip the cams back up into the open position and at the same time make it in the slot towards in the back. Mechanics hate it, and it causes a delay :bandit:. All the saab guys hate it and tell me about how easy it used to be.

Segs,

You haven't been in that plane a whole week yet and you're already getting into trouble.:sarcasm::)

"Hey, when you test the stick pusher, make sure you hold on to the..."

SM'CRASH!

"Hello? Burbank?"

The guys in the Saab remove the escape hatch all the time during the summer.

I removed one yesterday actually, then stood up and peered through the opening like I was on a submarine, hand over my eyes surveying my surroundings. I didn't like what I saw so I immediately ordered my F0 to DIVE DIVE DIVE:D

The mechanics have to come in with screwdrivers and flip the cams back up into the open position and at the same time make it in the slot towards in the back.

Took about an hour and a half for them to fix it. No delay.

Have some great pictures on the way though!

Back