Pepc Invite=job Offer?

igids1

So does making it to the PEPC pretty much guarantee a job offer as long as you pass the medical/background/drug testing etc? Has anybody gone to a PEPC and not received an offer after passing the above mentioned items?

As far as I can tell from everyone I've talked to and all those in my class in OKC. You basically would have to talk yourself out of the job offer at the PEPC interview. The interview is more of a "this person looks good on paper, is there anything alarming about them when we talk in person" kind of deal. I don't know of anyone who has not gotten an offer when attending a PEPC.

Do they really wait this long to do the background check? I would think they would have to have this done to allow someone to make it this far in the process. If I remember correctly you have to consent to the release of your background info in the application process.

That is a good question, does anyone know of a person that received a TOL only to have it revoked after the background check? I can't imagine they would go through that much with an applicant before checking you out. I suppose that is why the FOL can take time to get afterwards? Also is it safe to assume that if you are honest and tell everything at PEPC about your past ect, and they offer you a TOL, that you are pretty much in the shoe for a FOL?

Thanks for your advice and comments in advance..

Do they really wait this long to do the background check? I would think they would have to have this done to allow someone to make it this far in the process. If I remember correctly you have to consent to the release of your background info in the application process.

Yes, they wait until they have all of your background check forms and fingerprints before starting the security check. They need all your reference info to verify work, residence, and school history as well as the fingerprints and your signature on the release to run your criminal check. I don't know of anyone who has not passed this check, but I also have only talked to those at the Academy who obviously passed all their checks. They pretty much just check your criminal history and then give you the "ok" to start in OKC while they are running your full clearance. You won't receive the full clearance until much later when you go to your facility from what I understand. It took about 2 weeks from the time I attended a PEPC until I received my FOL which was just a week before I started in OKC. I have heard varying times for the FOL to arrive, however.

Back