Bose QC35 not impressed

I'm also following this.

I ordered a pair of Telex 8+ back in July and have yet to receive them (back ordered). If they're not here by Jan. I think I may pick up the QC45 with a Uflymic.

To piggyback on this, does anyone know of a good non-aviation noise-canceling/hearing protecting headset for family members to use in GA aircraft? My kids have cheap aviation headsets, but they typically take them off because they're uncomfortable. Trying to decide if it's better to spend the money on some more comfortable DCs, or just get them some bluetooth over the ear headphones so they can be plugged into their stuff while also protecting their hearing.

Thanks for the info, i've been following your journey. Ended up ordering the 45s from Costco for $200, but just for home use. Any update on the echo or other issues?

The echo is crazy distracting. Can't do it. I'm gonna return the UFly Rig and probably keep the 45's for the deadheads.

For me, this whole journey began because I wanted it to be "USB-C in '23" and carry only one type of wire with me. A big Anker charger and USB-C cables to charge everything. The Anker had been great so far.

And now it's turning into headset insanity and predator confusion when I had a perfectly good rig that suddenly isn't 'good enough' anymore because of SHS. (Shiny Headset Syndrome)

Looking at the cost of QC35's (which are crazy overpriced for being discontinued) I might even just go straight up Bose Aviation headset - you know - being a "Rich Airline Captain" and everything. Because the 45's are pretty awesome and lightweight with great noise cancellation and battery life for transcon DH's in the back. (I can wear my silly old man cheaters and it doesn't hurt at all for 6 hours of watching cartoons on my iPad.)

Also, I really want to be carrying less stuff now that I'm home based again. Heck, I haven't even cleaned out my bag yet - and I've been at home for over 6 months. I need to do it soon - I ran into another pilot on the bus in LAX and he told me that I pack like a FA. (Which was fine when I was headed to JFK for up to 10 days at a time... not for 2-3 day trips.)

Thanks for the info, i've been following your journey. Ended up ordering the 45s from Costco for $200, but just for home use. Any update on the echo or other issues?
My wife hasn’t had a new headset ever, seemed like the perfect Christmas gift.

I use the 35s with the uflymic and like it, so I figured I would get her the 45s and uflymic.

Found out she also suffers from the echo. Tried the fixes on the website and the fixes that came in the package. They haven’t stopped the echo. Uflymic says it’s the headset and only 10% of customers experience it. I think it’s 100% and only 10% report it. Kinda bummed but she swears she doesn’t want to trade it in and she’ll just get used to it.

. Uflymic says it’s the headset and only 10% of customers experience it. I think it’s 100% and only 10% report it. Kinda bummed but she swears she doesn’t want to trade it in and she’ll just get used to it.
What equipment is she on? I’m on the 320 and it’s awful on it. I kept it on for 5 hours and then for a 2nd flight and it was just too much. I’d say it’s 100% on the Bus.

What equipment is she on? I’m on the 320 and it’s awful on it. I kept it on for 5 hours and then for a 2nd flight and it was just too much. I’d say it’s 100% on the Bus.
PC12
She’s at the point where she’s going to use her old headset until we buy a QC35 kit or different headset.

Wonder how the Telex 8+ compares?
I'll let you know if I ever receive mine. I did an exchange with Telex (Bosch) back in July; they've been on back order, or so I'm told. The latest is they'll be back in stock January.

It is actually a pretty good deal. I traded my 15 year old 850 + $200 for the 8+.

How about Earbuds For commuting? Which one has ANR that most effectively cancels airplane noise?

How about Earbuds For commuting? Which one has ANR that most effectively cancels airplane noise?
A bit left field, but if you don't mind wearing foam ear plugs. The combination of ear plugs and Shokz Open Run Pro is fantastic for commuting. Super comfortable and noise reduction is fantastic.

If you work out then the Shokz without earplugs for the gym or cycling/running can't be beaten.

I’ve been using the Bose QuietComfort ANR earbuds for years and don’t have many negative things to say about them.
I have had on more than one occasion lost one in a lay-flat seat, which took me a solid 30 minutes to fish out.
1672268034713.png

No compatibility issues that you've noticed? I've heard some people say if you have an iPhone get AirPod pro. If you have Android get the Sony. I'm glad to hear an iPhone user is using the Sony. It seems from the reviews to be superior.

No compatibility issues that you've noticed? I've heard some people say if you have an iPhone get AirPod pro. If you have Android get the Sony. I'm glad to hear an iPhone user is using the Sony. It seems from the reviews to be superior.
I’ve noticed no issues. I’ve had sound “skip” once in a great while but I sort of assume that’s an ingrained issue with using Bluetooth instead of a cord. I don’t like earbuds in general but the Sonys have been good to me.

Anybody try those Apple Air Pods Pro 2? Wonder how they stack up against the Bose and Sony ANR ear buds? Cancelling out Boeing noise in the cabin will require superior ANC.

Back